Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I was wondering if anyone could take a pictures of there door sill on a up white or black as I am trying to buy this part but according to VW is just a sticker but I am sure it goes on to a back plastic backing first

Thanks for your help Edited by: Ian986

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is what I have bought but wanted to know if just this part sticks onto the metal door sill or does it go in a plastic holder first

Please take a picture of your up black or white with these fitted

Thanks in advance

Edited by: Ian986

·
Registered
727 Posts
If he doesn't have a picture posted by 10.00 (UK time) I'll take a couple of shots for you.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks that would be great as I was thinking of sticking them on tomorrow also if you could look what way up goes so it reads up as you open the door or from the inside if that makes sense

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sorry I'm a bit slow today (busy day). Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ian986 said:
This is what I have bought but wanted to know if just this part sticks onto the metal door sill or does it go in a plastic holder first

Please take a picture of your up black or white with these fitted

Thanks in advance

Do you have the part number for these please?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorry, had to go to post office in another town in the morning, then continue to work in yet another town, and thought to take pictures in the evening when I'd have some free time.

By the way, what is the black oval thingy below/in the sill?

Edited by: ptae2000e

·
Registered
89 Posts
ptae2000e said:
Sorry, had to go to post office in another town in the morning, then continue to work in yet another town, and thought to take pictures in the evening when I'd have some free time.

By the way, what is the black oval thingy below/in the sill?
The black oval thing in the door sill is a locating/strengthening point, when the door is shut a metal bracket goes into the hole and as such helps to keep the door in place in an accident ( if memory serves me correct )

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I have fitted them today ( stuck them on )

I am very pleased with the result only about 18 each side much cheaper than the retro fit one

Thanks for the picture again Vwild made it a lot easier to fit as I could see where you are placed

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Canned heat I took a picture or this which I believe is the part number some how I managed to take same one twice doh !most parts number will be one digit out from left side to right so vw parts dept should be able to work it out , but if you have no luck I can ring the place up I purchased from or receipt might be in my draw at work

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Looks cool! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts