Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Because of the chrome and that its different... also due to it being more expensive, hopefully it will be a little more unique...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi - not getting much feed back from my local VW garage - about add ons so what is the "Williams F1 Ceramic Coat" a soeciel paint job????????

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SiJ2000 said:
Because of the chrome and that its different... also due to it being more expensive, hopefully it will be a little more unique...
That's interesting that you want to spend as much as possible. I wonder how many others take that approach?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Not me. Happy to have gone for the mid range Move up! To be fair, when I ordered mine, it was the only model you could get with BMT and that was more important to me. Plus, and it's just a personal preference, I like the body coloured mirrors better.

When all's said and done though, it really is horses for courses and everyone has their own preferences. If you check out most of the posts on here, it's not really about cost, people have chosen the spec and accessories that are the most important to them.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have a up! Black. I wanted this as we already had a high up in white for my mrs, and wanted something different.

The up! Black came up as available from the dealer as 'stock' order with fairly quick delivery. The up black appears more like a mans version of the car, if there is such a thing as a manly 1 litre, three cyclinder, city car. I love the seats with early golf like stripes, and the classic alloy wheels. The chrome just sets it off all nicely.

It looks expensive,.. And more exclusive than other models...Because it is more exspenive I suppose,

I love mine.Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I got an up black because when I specced the lower models they came out nearly as expensive.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Reasons,
1 seats
2 chrome
3 wheels
4 privacy glass
5 a named variant will always hold its value a bit better than a lower variant with lots of added spec.

Oh, and 6 different colour of white!

For our purposes, the spec was just right so we ordered two.
Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Registered
77 Posts
When I added all the specs I wanted onto a lower model, it came out as almost as expensive as the up! white, so I hummed and hah-ed about it for a bit, but then my mind was made up for me when the dealer rang to say he could get an up! white for me quickly. (My Polo's MOT/tax/repairs needed doing before a certain date!)

The rest is history.... But it DOES look pretty with the chrome and all the shiny stuff...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Reasons,
1 seats
2 chrome
3 wheels
4 privacy glass
5 a named variant will always hold its value a bit better than a lower variant with lots of added spec.

Oh, and 6 different colour of white!

For our purposes, the spec was just right so we ordered two.
I agree with privatedoc. Theese are exactly the reasons why i ordered an up! Black. Especially the value-holding.

Sparc

·
Registered
134 Posts
As with previous correspondents, I discovered that a red High Up! would have been virtually the same price with all the essential (?) add ons that I wanted. However, the final decision maker was my wife and daughter both preferring black, though on reflection I agree with that.

My dealer (Beadles of Sevenoaks) rang me a few days ago to tell me that the car was on the dockside at Emden waiting for a boat, so still on track for Sept 1st - exciting stuff!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Ditto Elb

I used the configurator on various models with the options I wanted as I wanted the car the cheapest way possible, but there was minimal cost difference in the end. To be honest, at the time of order, I wasn't aware of all the extra little bits of trim etc.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Pretty much the same as most people here: my missus wanted the car to be painted black, and with all the extras we wanted, the price difference between the up! Black and the High up! wasnegligible.

Plus the chrome mirror caps and little accents, plus the classic wheels looked better in my opinion.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I looked at the High UP in black,and it worked out that it was almost the same price as the UP Black,I liked the chrome trim ,classic wheelsand stripes seats .Took delivery on Aug 1st absolutley delighted .A great little car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ours was a demo model and available for immediate purchase with a decent saving over new. Would probably have gone for that spec anyhow even if we'd ordered new. Only thing I would have added is a sunroof, but not really that bothered. Think the Maps and More would have been more useful if built in - can't be bothered with plugging/unplugging every time we use it so it doesn't get used....

·
Registered
619 Posts
That's a really nice car in the picture fat spanner - it somehow looks smaller that the white version.

I had an Up White in mind when I went to the dealership - I liked the look of it, pure and simple. I had played with the configurator a lot but found, financially, there was not much difference between the High Up and White after I had added some options.

I ordered the car straight away when the dealer indicated a standard White could be had within a few weeks. The next time around, if I go for an Up again, I would probably go for a model lower in the range (a red Up with the Cornsilk interior would do fine).

·
Registered
619 Posts
White_way_UP! said:
Ours was a demo model and available for immediate purchase with a decent saving over new. Would probably have gone for that spec anyhow even if we'd ordered new. Only thing I would have added is a sunroof, but not really that bothered. Think the Maps and More would have been more useful if built in - can't be bothered with plugging/unplugging every time we use it so it doesn't get used....

I don't use the M&M as much as I thought I would and find it a bit distracting when I do, to be honest. I also bought an AUX cable for the stereo but have only used it once! Sometimes theanticipation of 'getting' something is better than actually having it...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Same story here... Wanting a full spec you always end up! with a High up! which is about the same price as a White or Black up!.And for me it was the nice interior with the striped seats that made me choose it over the regular High up!

Grtz
Gun

1 - 20 of 24 Posts