Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Picked up my white High up! yesterday with the drivers assistance pack (needed the airbag deactivator).

I will write a full review -May even do a video- after a thousand miles or so, but for all those that didn't go for the sound pack, I have to say when I heard everyone on here was saying how good it was, I was worried about what the sound from two speakerswould be like.

However

I am extremely pleased to say the sound from the normal two speakers is great! Admittedly, it is probably alot better with the sound pack, but the normal speakers are by no means weak.

I sat in a Kia Picanto, and in comparison, the sound is so much better in up!

All I did was turn the bass up on the equaliser and the sound is meaty enough. May still look into uprating the speakers, but just thought I would say, anyone with any initial worries about the normal 2 speakers, you shouldn't worry, they are really nice.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I agree. I listen to the radio, usually R4 - I'm an old fart - and I find it clear and pleasant. R3 and Classic FM are fine too. Road noise is not intrusive on the motorway. Sound quality in the back is probably better with the sound pack. I do wish the radio was DAB, but you can't win them all. A Polo 1.2 TDI was no better in terms of audio quality.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drove a 10 year old golf before this, but it had a sound pack fitted originally, and the sound was really really good.
I mainly found you get a bit more of a kick from the rear with the sound pack, over the standard two, and a bit more from the top end from the tweeters in thefront pillars!

EDIT: That said, the up! is a smaller car so it doesn't have as much space to fill with sound!

Edited by: Vdoug

·
Registered
956 Posts
Really glad to hear this. I was starting to think I should have ordered the sound pack, after all the great comments, but I think I'll be more than happy with the standard speakers. Now I just need the car!!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Thanks for that. When you wait so long for a car you have far too much time to think about all the things you could have ordered and didn't. When I took the up! For a test drive I thought the sound was a bit thin, but could probably be tweaked with the eq. Glad to know that's true, and I'll stop worrying I should have ordered the sound pack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts