Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Does anyone have any recent experience of updating M&M on a Mac? I seem to remember that someone said you had to do a firmware update on a PC before doing software updates on a Mac, which seems odd.

Does anyone have a link to a good article on how to do this on a Mac, or any 'Getting Started' type instructions?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Start with downloading the Fresh application.

http://www.navigon.com/portal/uk/karten_services/fresh.html

I couldn't get it to work using the downloaded Fresh on my MacPro running 10.7.4, but I tried again on my elderly MacBook running 10.6.8 and I did get, very slowly, an update to the Q2/2012 Euro 44 maps. Fresh says that I could update to Q2/2012 on the MacPro, but the OK button (or similar, I can't remember now) was always greyed out. Changing to an older version of OS X did the trick. Which will make it difficult for users of more modern machines.

The voucher code still stubbornly refuses to allow payments on either operating system.

The layout of the Navigon site is poor, as is Fresh, and this is disappointing from a navigation company.

Nick

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
All worked fine on my mountain lion except couldn't pay for the 2 yr updates so I briefly connected via a pc, paid via paypal then when I reconnected on my mac, it let me do everything including software update, Q2/12 update and the 2 yr update thing was available.

Lion and Mountain lion have a payment glitch, other than that all works fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts