Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />I had posted this on the back of another thread, but in case it got missed I thought I would move it to a new post, in case anyone has a similar 2 key issue.

To update on this 2 remote key saga, as mentioned
on one of my previous posts, my VW dealer had agreed with me that 2 keys should
be supplied as stated in the original brochure when puchasing the comfort pack, i had a
call advising me the 2nd key was there and arranged to drop my Up in yesterday
to have the key programmed, however after a wait of 2 hours, i was advised they
were having problems, when the 2nd key is programmed the 1st won't work and
visa versa, they kept the car in overnight and contacted VW and kept trying to
program both keys with no success.

VW have come back and advised the dealer that as
the Up is such a new car, they cannot program (yet!!) 2 remote keys only one
remote and the static spare, i in turn have said this is bizarre and thrown it
back at them telling them i want it resolved...the file is still open, so we
will see what develops. (they have given me the 2nd remote they tried to
program, so i can hopefully take it back to be correctly programmed once they
work out how to).

I had also ordered the chrome pack for my High Up
as a build option, only to be advised that the option was no longer available
at the build stage, however i was informed it could be fitted by the dealer but
without the chrome around the fog lights, only the door strips and wing
mirrors, i'm pleased to advise that they can now include the chrome surrounds
on the fog lights and this was done whilst in the dealer yesterday, looks great
now and very pleased with that.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think this is a bit strange, my car comes with 2 keys both the same so there must be some way of them doing it. I can't believe they would leave it to the dealer though as they don't seem to know very much!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Cheers for the update, I attempted to phone VW yesterday but no answer, I'll try again next week. I think it's ridiculous I spent nearly £11 on a car and only got one key! So I'm going to have a wee moan at VW and see what they say! As for the reprogramming, I wouldn't have thought it was much different from all the other VWs, hope you get it sorted soon :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hopefully by the time I get mine I'll get two keys....it is a bit ridiculous only getting one key. Perhaps as more complain there will be some sort of rethink on VW's part.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Wow Craig I think we all need to complain if you only paid £11 for yours!!!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Mark you took the words right outta my mouth.
I'm off to the dealer to get some money back?????

·
Registered
655 Posts
Haha thought I would point it out
Have a great day all you up! owners...I am off to say morning to mine and have a first little adventure...It is so liberating to have a car again!!!Edited by: MarkyMark

·
Registered
655 Posts
Haha maybe so
But I am an up! Enthusiast so can't promise anything!!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I for one will be happy with my single key. The dealer was up front when we ordered and I must admit, the spare key to all my other cars has always been in a box at home. Me & the mrs have always just shared when we are out and about.

·
Registered
128 Posts
<div style="text-align: center;">Mine came with 2 keys !!
<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: center;">Mind you,, it's the base 'Take up!' without central locking so they're both manual

<div style="text-align: center;">I'm glad I didn't order any complex goodies now. However...

<div style="text-align: center;">I've just bought and about to fit these...

<div style="text-align: center;">2 sensor ultrasonic reversing kit
<div style="text-align: center;">Central door locking kit ( Locks passenger door when you lock the drivers door )

<div style="text-align: center;">Dave

·
Registered
677 Posts
see our car is used by the two of us (mostly me) but my partner uses it from time to time. The other key is really for him, he said he really wants it because he likes pushing the wee button so the key flips out ..... strange boy!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
obviously the 2 remote key situation isn't the biggestissue VW are going to experience with the Up! however there is a point of contention here. to reiterate, everyone receives 2 keys, I recall seeing a post on here that mentionsthe new brochure states that only one remote will be supplied along with a static key, but those who ordered their Ups from the earlier brochure andchose the model that included thecomfort pack, should as per the brochure have the right to expect 2 remote folding keys.
be interesting if some folks are recieving 2 remote folding keys, whilst others are being given only one and the staic key, perhaps those who receive 2 remotes can reply on here, then others who were expecting 2 can get back to VW to find out if as I discovered there is a programming issue, to date I have 2 folding remotes (one programmed correctly, the other not) and a static,

·
Registered
128 Posts
Craig200588 said:
see our car is used by the two of us (mostly me) but my partner uses it from time to time. The other key is really for him, he said he really wants it because he likes pushing the wee button so the key flips out ..... strange boy!!

<div style="text-align: center;">Boyz Toyz eh Craig ??

<div style="text-align: center;">Dave

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
well mine hasnt been built yet, but have been told after asking very nicely (no complaint needed) if mine would come with second remote key as stated in origional brochure, and my VW dealer came back to me said was printing error, but they would make sure my car ARRIVED with two keys for no extra charge... so maybe its something easier done at the factory because mine isnt due to be built for 2 weeks still?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I was thinking of playing dumb (shouldn't be too hard :)) and when picking up my car from the dealer and he only hands over one folding key saying "where is the other one?" - then refer to the brochure I have that says two! Worth a shot.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I pointed this out to my dealer earlier this week and showed him the details in the brochure. He said he wasnt aware of this and would look into it! Pick up next week so will see what happens but I will be mentioning it again so I get two folding keys!

·
Registered
655 Posts
I can confirm from VW customer service that ALL dealers were apparently briefed on this last week....so that is why I am getting the additional key. I advice anyone who ordered the car before the brochure change to make contact and see what the outcome is. If you don't ask you don't get is the simple answer. Worked for me and several others so it is now a known point of fact we should get 2remote keys. If they 'fob' you off....pardon the pun...dont stand for it and reiterate the point.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Picked our white up today and after confirming with the dealer and the manager three times it still only came with one! He couldn't deny that we had been told we get two and I showed him the brochure and web configurator so he said he'll sort it with VW on Monday. I won't let it go until we get the second because I made a major point of checking it comes with two. I'll hopefully update with good news come Monday.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts