Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people!

My friend had a Ford KA and after less than a year on Finance ford let her upgrade to a Fiesta completely free!

does anybody know if anything like this available at Volkswagen? because I got my up which I love but circumstances are going to change and I might need a bigger car such as a polo?

Thanks for replies in advance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
Maybe they needed to get rid of stocked Ka's @ Ford ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, this may be the case! well that sucks! I knew I should have gone for the polo in the first place! haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
Hi Anthony. When I bought my Up! I asked the dealer about upgrading, and he said that VW will send you a letter between 12 + 18 months asking if you wish to upgrade. I asked because I was interested in the GT, and he said there shouldn't be any reason why I couldn't do it.
It maybe worth going to your dealer and asking anyway to confirm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
upgrade to a golf though, hardly any space difference in the polo... I don't even fit in it properly... The car is bigger no doubt just that for example the doors have a lot of plastic making them thicker where the up! shows you her knickers with the bare metal out :p (sorry its just my favourite bit of the car at the mo)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
AnthonyHowell said:
Hmm, this may be the case! well that sucks! I knew I should have gone for the polo in the first place! haha

You don't want a Polo, it is not as good as an Up. Not as roomy, fast or economical and very boring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
M4796P said:
Hi Anthony. When I bought my Up! I asked the dealer about upgrading, and he said that VW will send you a letter between 12 + 18 months asking if you wish to upgrade. I asked because I was interested in the GT, and he said there shouldn't be any reason why I couldn't do it.
It maybe worth going to your dealer and asking anyway to confirm.

I got mine from the same dealer and was told the same thing. We actually did this to get the Take Up. We had a Fox 2 years into a 3 year PCP and went to look at the Up on the launch weekend. I thought I was pushing my luck when I said I would have one if it wouldn't cost me anything and it didn't so I did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
I guess it will all come down to what you owe and how much it's worth. I will look at the GT, but if its silly prices I will stick with my black.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
scarja said:
upgrade to a golf though, hardly any space difference in the polo... I don't even fit in it properly... The car is bigger no doubt just that for example the doors have a lot of plastic making them thicker where the up! shows you her knickers with the bare metal out :p (sorry its just my favourite bit of the car at the mo)
Yeah I was thinking maybe just go straight for a golf but I'm worried about it being a dramatic size up haha!
And yeah ill have to contact my dealer hopefully ill be able to upgrade early and get a bigger car haha!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is gonna sound even more of a random question.... Can another company buy you out of your contract? Ie I have finance with Volkswagen, but would say Citroen buy me out of my contract for me to get finance with them?, I feel stupid asking this haha!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
Yes they can
Works like this say car is worth £6000 and you owe £5500 you have £500 towards next car. If you owe more than car is worth then you will have to settle it or get the Citroen dealer to over allow on your up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
AnthonyHowell said:
This is gonna sound even more of a random question.... Can another company buy you out of your contract? Ie I have finance with Volkswagen, but would say Citroen buy me out of my contract for me to get finance with them?, I feel stupid asking this haha!

I would definitely feel stupid buying a Citroën.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Allybasher said:
AnthonyHowell said:
This is gonna sound even more of a random question.... Can another company buy you out of your contract? Ie I have finance with Volkswagen, but would say Citroen buy me out of my contract for me to get finance with them?, I feel stupid asking this haha!

I would definitely feel stupid buying a Citroën..... 
I was actually looking at an Audi A1 just happened that a Citroen ds3 was onto at the time o posting ;) but hmm have o look into it more then :) going in tomorrow ill have a discussion with the dealer!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
AnthonyHowell said:
because I got my up which I love but circumstances are going to change and I might need a bigger car such as a polo?
Congratulations are in order I take it


Note: Less room for me in an Polo than an UP, and I am 6'8'' tall, the UP provides the most space I have had in pretty much any car... And I tried a large number of them before I ordered my UP... :)


Edited by: Lee in Denmark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
AnthonyHowell said:
This is gonna sound even more of a random question.... Can another company buy you out of your contract? Ie I have finance with Volkswagen, but would say Citroen buy me out of my contract for me to get finance with them?, I feel stupid asking this haha!
Hi Anthony. It's not a stupid question at all. I did exactly that this year. I had 10 months left on my contract with Toyota, for my Yaris and I thought I'd better start looking as a letter would come through the post asking what I wanted to do. So on that, I short listed some cars and went round the dealers. The Up! was easily my favourite, so I went there to have a look at one. I spoke to a salesman, and within 10 mins of him looking around my car and taking it for a quick test drive, he contacted Toyota for the settlement figure and said that VW would pay it off, and if there was any profit on my Yaris, then it could be put down on my Up! I had to speak to Toyota finance during this to confirm my details etc, but it was only a couple of minutes.
As I said I only went in to have a look, but got such a good deal, that I had ordered one before I left!

The only other thing I had to do was confirm the last payment date, and the final payment figure and get Toyota finance to e-mail the salesman with the information.
So it's worth a go! get looking at some of the cars you like, but take your Up! just incase, so that they can value it.

I hope this helps you?

Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
M4796P said:
AnthonyHowell said:
This is gonna sound even more of a random question.... Can another company buy you out of your contract? Ie I have finance with Volkswagen, but would say Citroen buy me out of my contract for me to get finance with them?, I feel stupid asking this haha!
Hi Anthony. It's not a stupid question at all. I did exactly that this year. I had 10 months left on my contract with Toyota, for my Yaris and I thought I'd better start looking as a letter would come through the post asking what I wanted to do. So on that, I short listed some cars and went round the dealers. The Up! was easily my favourite, so I went there to have a look at one. I spoke to a salesman, and within 10 mins of him looking around my car and taking it for a quick test drive, he contacted Toyota for the settlement figure and said that VW would pay it off, and if there was any profit on my Yaris, then it could be put down on my Up! I had to speak to Toyota finance during this to confirm my details etc, but it was only a couple of minutes.
As I said I only went in to have a look, but got such a good deal, that I had ordered one before I left!

The only other thing I had to do was confirm the last payment date, and the final payment figure and get Toyota finance to e-mail the salesman with the information.
So it's worth a go! get looking at some of the cars you like, but take your Up! just incase, so that they can value it.

I hope this helps you?

Matt
Thanks this was quite helpful however ill only be a month into my contract whereas you were 10 months remaining, so im assuming it would be the same just depends how much my up is worth aye! and 'lee in Denmark' haha ;) thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
Unless you put a big deposit down, you'll have no chance of breaking even on the finance for at least 12 months. The combination of interest and depreciation will make sure of that. You would need to be pretty desperate to sell to want to pay off the negative equity on top of the cost of a new car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
Hi Anthony. I hear what your saying but seen as your upgrading possibly to a Golf it might still be worth asking. It's like my dad always says, "if you don't ask you don't get!"
Oh and also thanks for thanking me, if you know what I mean. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
M4796P said:
Hi Anthony. I hear what your saying but seen as your upgrading possibly to a Golf it might still be worth asking. It's like my dad always says, "if you don't ask you don't get!"
Oh and also thanks for thanking me, if you know what I mean. LOL
Haha, this is true, ill just keep talking until they give me a car to shut me up! ;) worked with a phone upgrade! and haha that's alright was a helpful post!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
I always new main agents were charity organizations just perhaps they said no money up front but in a whisper said you will have to pay for a extra year,its a common practice tried by most main agents to get more money out of gullable customers.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top