Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giving the Up it's first wash today after the rain this week. Being black I want to re create the showroom shine....any tips on car shampoo etc. please ?

Cheers

Nigel

·
Registered
655 Posts
Zymol car shampoo is amazing as its made with natural ingredients and smells of fruit! It is also on offer at Halfords for 3for2 offer. Its about £8-£9 and is a must! Also AutoGlym showshine is a must for a spray polish and making the alloys all glossy. Anything else give me a shout
Edited by: MarkyMark

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers MarkyMark....just started raining here in Stafford so I'll put it off for an hour....thanks for the 3 for 2 offer tip too ... I rarely go to Halfords but this seems like a good offer

Our Up is my wife's car really so want to score a few brownie points with keeping it shiny....perhaps she'll then let me drive it...haven't had a look in much since we had it !

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
so best to get something else to actually clean the car with but use autogylm polish etc?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've heard a lot of good things for Zymol. Meguires do quite a good shampoo too.
Also might be worth getting a wash mitt, rather then using a sponge, it'll help to keep the paintwork swirl free, as well as using the 2 bucket method. But I suppose it depends on how far you want to go :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Have always used Autoglym and have opted for the Lifeshine treatment when my car finally makes it to the UK. Never used Zymol but heard good things. Is it that good? Will it be ok with the Lifeshine treatment? I love a clean car and am very careful of the products that I use but like the sound of this. Any advice?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Lifeshine is really good, massively overpriced through a dealer sadly, but a good kit. You can use other shampoo treatments and the zymol wash is really a worthy addition to the cleaning product range. I love Autoglym, but have to say some of its products are not the best, even if the name is prestigous.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yeah ive gone for the lifeshine too, your right mark, major expense, however, its my first brand new car and i want it to last me with no marks, and my friends have tendancy to shall we say mark the inside of my current car by spilling things... so i thought it was a good idea! lol

i prefer using a cleaning mit rather than a sponge too

·
Registered
118 Posts
I clean my current car (Seat Arosa) at least once a week and use a Meguiars shampoo, I use their polish too during the summer as their products are brilliant and easy to use. I've never had any issues, I have in the past used Autoglym too but found the polish a little difficult to spread if I'm honest - but that may be because I don't have any strength behind me though, lol.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have also gone for the Lifeshine as my hubby has it on his car. He uses the Autoglym shampoo every wash then dries it with chamois and it looks like a brand new car. He hasn't used the polish at all! Can't comment on the inside as we havent had to clean anything yet (touch wood!).

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is what you need.
Meguiar's Gold class shampoo and conditioner.
Autoglym Deep shine polish, (designed specifically for dark water based paints like those used on the up)
Autoglym Hd Wax. ( as many layers of it as you want i use 6 on our Tiguan)
when washing use, washmits, and two buckets,
wash one panel at a time, thenrinseit.
when aplying wax and polish use micro fibreapplicatorpads and remove with microfibre finishing lint free cloths :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts