Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 weeks in and just over 500 miles our UP! has justdeveloped an annoying intermittent grinding sound coming from the off side front wheel....still drives OK but taking to the VW dealer first thing tomozto find out what's what. Probably just something that needs tightening up
Anyone else had the same ?
I'll let you all know how I get on
Nigel

·
Registered
119 Posts
could be just a stone stuck in the brake or wheel

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good thinking Batman!!.....could be as simple as that....Ours is a Move Up with wheel covers and there has been some surface dressing going on locally....brilliant if that is all....still get it checked out though.....car gets a free wash and valet too each time you take it in tooand I get to drink their coffee....I'll print some of the Forum leaflets off and take them and see if they will advertise the Forum for us Uppies......to spread the Forum gospel....Amen to that

·
Registered
956 Posts
Sorry to hear your up! is a bit down right now (sorry, couldn't resist). I do hope it's nothing serious.

Good idea about the leaflets too, might try that when I eventually get to pick mine up.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Clowsea & Upsadaisy there's a lot of love in this Forum....perhaps we should start a Diagnostics section .....you were riight....it was a stone stuck between the wheel and brake plate.......all better now......first class service at the VW dealer.....a quick manicure job.....stripping down the brake and flushing out with a jet spray....I wouldn't have known where to start......did the trick no problemo.....these things often sound worse than they are.......back to happy motoring.......and another driving lesson with my 18 yr old son!!!!!!

thanks for caring both

Nigel

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Nigel, did they charge you for looking at the up?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No charge Willowaz........all part of their aftersales service they said(Stafford Volkswagen)....they stripped back the brake as well to make sure......I was there about an hour or so and even got a free latte !

All part of the VW experience I guess. Looking at some of the posts from forum members my experience isn't consistent across the dealer network....but should be....costs nothing after all

Nigel

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
that is good service! i hope i get that kinda service from my dealer... especially as its about 40minutes drive for me to get there!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope you do too guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts