Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up's seem to be getting more common it seems these days! More of us are taking delivery, and more of us are been spotted!

So rather then making a fresh topic for each one, I'll compile my dash cam photos into this topic.

Ben

Edited by: Variable

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I use the dashcam app on the iphone but am thinking of investing in a standalone proper one...any advice from you guys would be greatly appreciated, ie a standalone that records to a card or similar.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
- Privatedoc.
Sorry for the slow reply, Ive been at work for the last few days.
I use Blackvue 400 HD, which I ordered from Ebay for £138 a few months back (not sure on the price now) if you want the sellers name I can PM you that. I'm not sure the policy on promoting sellers?

It goes neatly behind the Rear view mirror, I cant see it when driving. an its not to obvious from the outside too.

Since the 12V plug inside the up is diconnected from the battery when the engine is turned off I can leave it plugged in and forget about it.

Rumour has it you can obtain a % off your insurance cost as well since it records speed and position. - I still need to ring mine to ask - forgot about that.

Comes with software to show your location on google maps, your journey start/finish and route and where any incidents you had took place. The camera has 3 Gforce detectors on, for breaking/accelarating and records any big bumps, large speed bumps etc.

Its the only one I've ever had so I cannot personally compare them, however its a true 1280x 720, 30 fps. The pictures I'm posting are just screen dumps of the paused camera and then cut down to fit the forums picture size limits.

Hope some of that helps. If you can think of other questions i'll have a crack at them.

Ben

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spotted in Sheffield City Centre- Waitrose Roundabout roughly around 15:00 - on Tuesday 17/7/12

White up! coming off the roundabout on the exit to the right of us. I didnt catch it on camera as the car was pointed to take first left.

And today, Spotted Blue up! Parked on a drive in front of a house just off the snake pass. (A57)

Ben

·
Registered
432 Posts
@Privatedoc: I used to use my Creative Vado HD pocket-cam in a cradle/dock, but since the colour tft screen is permanently on, the battery life is dire, and when you plug in a charge cable from the 12V socket, the camera can't record any more.
I then bought a Roadhawk for £199 from Dogcamsport online, though I am impressed by Variable's camera above, at the price. It seems to have all the features of the Roadhwak anyway.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
The dashcam app is actually not bad, I emailed road hawk and it seems they are about to release an HD version . Will see what that one is like and decide, thanks all for the advice

·
Registered
525 Posts
Privatedoc said:
I use the dashcam app on the iphone but am thinking of investing in a standalone proper one...any advice from you guys would be greatly appreciated, ie a standalone that records to a card or similar.
@Privatedoc, what do you use to mount your phone on the up dash for videoing? Those apps look like they do the job to me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On the way out of Sheffield toward Crosspool

up! white + a nice wave! Hello!

[TUBE]l08FmPd0snQ[/TUBE]

Edited by: Variable

1 - 15 of 15 Posts