Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just used UP first tank of fuel. Accurately calculated to 67.446 MPG!! Hopefully this will improve. Big improvement on Fox. Still loving car and great being such a rare sight!

·
Registered
123 Posts
wow... I do short journeys, and mine is between mid 50's and 60's in a hillypart of the land.On my longer drives its 65-70. But i do have blue motion.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hate to be a Noob but how do you calculate mpg do you just fill up a full tank and set the trip computer until you run out?

·
Registered
604 Posts
just used up my first tank, I am a little disapointed with mine, best i have acheived in 54mpg and my think blue trainer is looking very blue so not doing much wrong (i have bluemotion)

·
Registered
619 Posts
carpy said:
Hate to be a Noob but how do you calculate mpg do you just fill up a full tank and set the trip computer until you run out?

Just fill the tank, note your mileage and drive normally for, say, a week or until the tank is nearly empty. Note your mileage and fill the tank again, noting the number of litres used. Convert litres to gallons then calculate miles per gallon - easy.

You get more accurate results if you repeat this procedure several times and then calculate your average mpg.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPstart is a 60 bhp Take UP. Winding windows manual door keys.Very basic only extra silver paint.I need nothing else.The ultimate small economical,frugal and very cheap car to run.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts