Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've settled on the sizes I want, i'll list them and if someone spots something wrong please point it out! its really quite important lol

17x7.5 ET40
17x8.5 ET40

PCD 4x100
Centre bore 57.1

Thanks!

Adam

·
Registered
142 Posts
can you test fit a rim on the front before you buy to check clearence on front strut, it's going to be very close.........

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't mind using spacers on the front, wee 3mm or 5mm ones.

But no because:
1. I don't have the car yet
2. The wheels aren't made yet, they're fully custom made to my specs

·
Registered
142 Posts
Oh ok, Not sure i would guess at something without checking first or use spacers on custom spec made wheels but your car.

anyway if this helps i have just stuck my camera under the wheel arch to try and show you how close the inner of rim is to strutt, i would say about 3-4mm at most.

my wheels are 7x16 porsche running an ET40.

pics below

hope this helps a bit

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that helps man but what's it like on the other side like? Is it flush or what's the fitment like?

·
Registered
142 Posts
they are flush on front, check out my gallery thread, Martins up a.k.a the red baron all wheel info on there and pics. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What about 7" ET40? That would bring it away from the strut and with the right tires the arch will go over the wheel?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah true! Thought that right after I posted it! Haha

My problem is that I want to tuck the front wheels into the archs though, so I may go for 7" ET45 then space them out away from the strut perfectly then give the front arches a roll extending them abit

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
None if I can't find out the proper sizes! Lol
I'm sure I'll end up posting 100's of pics, you just have to wait and see!
They'll take 11 or so weeks to get here so I want them before the players show, then I'll need to put tires on them, fit them which might require some minor body work and then head over to England for the actual show! Easy, right? Haha

·
Registered
142 Posts
Lambo-27 said:

My problem is that I want to tuck the front wheels into the archs though, so I may go for 7" ET45 then space them out away from the strut perfectly then give the front arches a roll extending them abit
I think you are really not getting that if you go wider than 6.5 on the front you wont get any tuck, also writing from someone with ET40 already i would not want to move another 1mm closer to strut its close enough for you not to get a pound coin between inner of rim and strut.

·
Super Moderator
1,496 Posts
Lambo-27 said:

The up! arches are flat sided, so they'll look mighty odd if you try flaring them at all.

When I rolled my front arch lip, it also pulled the arch slightly and I had to press them back in by hand when finished. They looked terrible otherwise.

Edited by: shakotanVIP

·
Registered
142 Posts
No worries just sharing the knowledge, i did a lot of reserch to make sure i gotmine to fit 1st time as on a mega budget.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmmm that doesn't sound good :/ might be harder than I thought!

That proposes the question, should I then go for 16's because I'm looking at air ride and 16's will get me s good bit lower but might look silly at ride height. To be honest I think I just need to go for it and if I make the wrong decision I can sell them! They hold they're money quite well!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Lambo-27 said:
Hmmm that doesn't sound good :/ might be harder than I thought!

That proposes the question, should I then go for 16's because I'm looking at air ride and 16's will get me s good bit lower but might look silly at ride height. To be honest I think I just need to go for it and if I make the wrong decision I can sell them! They hold they're money quite well!
your ride height can be what you want as you order custom bags.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts