Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I ordered a CANDY white high up! yesterday with a white dash as well. In my up! brochure it says the High up! by default has a body-coloured dash, which would be CANDY white as well.

However, it also says somewhere else in the brochure the high up! can have the following dash colours : black pearl, PURE white, red, light blue, dark silver.

So it looks like I ordered an up! with a CANDY white body and PURE white dash. I'm afraid I'll be able to see the difference in colour from within the car.

Luckily I can still change the colour scheme if I want to.

Who else has got a candy white body and a white dash? What kind of white is the dash, candy or pure?

Let's assume I can't get the dash in candy white, only in pure white. I then have 2 options, either have the body in pure white as well or change the dash colour to say black pearl. What would look best?

I have only today to make changes to the colour scheme so a quick response is very much appreciated.

Cheers.

·
294 Posts
I can't help with the differences between the two colours as I've not seen them together but because you are going for the High Up! means that you have a bigger choice of dash colours.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I think it's been said on here that the candy white is the pearl and the pure white is a flat white.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys got me wrong:

I've seen the two different whites in real life and decided to go for CANDY white. I then had the option to chose the dash colour and chose white (assuming it was CANDY white) again. After that I discovered the only available white for the dash was PURE white which wouldn't match with the CANDY white (you'd notice the difference from within the car: dash in PURE, doors in CANDY).

I called the Volkswagen dealer today and explained the situation, he called the importer and later on was able to tell me there's an error in the up! brochure. He told me the following:

White is NOT an option for the dash. The only white available for the dash is PURE white, a colour that is reserved for the White up! So if you don't have a White up! you can NOT have a white dash.

If you have a regular High up the only white you can have is CANDY and your dash can be any of the colours in the brochure (most people chose Black Pearl) EXCEPT white.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Rubbish the high up has loads of difference colour combinations, white is one of them I'm sureEdited by: ZumbaQueen

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Fresh up is correct, you can't configure a white high up with a white dash. The option is on screen, but it just returns an error and asks you to select a different car colour.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I had this problem! I was wanting a white dash with my white high up! But I also wanted the red seats, but that combination wasn't available. So I went for he red dash and red seats ... beat decision I ever made, the car looks awesome in my combo :D

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yeah, as far as i was aware, you can have a white dash with white exterior unless you get the up! white....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Candy White is flat - (that's why it is free!)

Pure White is metallic (and only available as an exterior paint finish on the up! White) and as an interior dash on other models (but NOT with Candy White)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Unfortunately Zumba Queen both your contributions are wrong.

Candy White is NOT a pearl it is flat. Pure White IS a "special" metallic / pearlescent paint.

Your comment where you state that there are "lots of choices for the High up!"
is inaccurate as you simply can NOT choose ANY white dash with a Candy White coloured up!

Not having a go of course but it's not helpful to give inaccurate information

Edited by: techwork

1 - 13 of 13 Posts