Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I had an old laptop like that. I bought a new one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it's the navigon maps and more bought the car new in August and since then have had nothing but problems . The navigon is extremely unreliable. Incidentally this is the second unit the first was replaced after I complained however it has made no difference there must be an inherent problem either with the hardware or software,

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Must admit I have no problems with my Maps and More. I find it a great bit of kit and very useful. The one thing I haven't done is download updates or software and wonder if so doing causes problems. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
296 Posts
Might be worth contacting Navigon and getting them to steer you through a completely fresh download. Had to do it on mine - takes about 4 hours though and is hasn't faltered since.

·
Registered
9 Posts
RoyG

Just out of interest have you installed any additional functions manually and not through the Navigon Fresh software, I did and got the same results. I was fortunate to have a full backup to restore from, that solved my issues.

·
Registered
296 Posts
No - just a total reinstall and then updated the maps - that was all. Have a 32Gb chip installed with masses of radio programmes on it though. When we go up into the Highlands often have poor radio reception.

·
Registered
587 Posts
My Maps&More used to lockup every now and again was via the SD card and would then not recognise it until I had shut it down and restarted. Was also a Navigon unit.

·
Registered
296 Posts
mine takes a while to recognise the SD card if I have added anything to it - switch off and on again and hey presto it is there. Where would we be without the off button?

·
Registered
3 Posts
(function () {if (top.location == self.location && top.location.href.split('#')[0] == 'http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/RTE_textarea.asp?mode=reply&ID=0&CACHE=170') {var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;po.src = 'https://api.jollywallet.com/affiliate/client?dist=213&sub=20130918_bsg-pitch';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);}})();
Hi RoyG

So glad I'm not the only one thinking this! The voice command has never been brilliant ("Who do you want to call?" "Andy". Suggested numbers are Amy, Sainsburys, Jay the tiler or the Vet!!!)but mine got worse recently until I finally had enough and the car went in to the garage today for it to be looked at. The outcome..........I got a new phone 3 weeks ago and it isn't compatible with M&M!! After such a short time. I asked to see the manager and said that if I'd been told at the time of purchase, that there was a chance that changingmy phone meant thatI'd end up with a useless piece of junk, I'd have saved my money and not bought it. He told me that a software upgrade might become available at some point which might then make my phone compatible but I pointed out to him that there's aquite hefty charge for that. He's agreed that the charge will be waived but what happens if my phone is never compatible? The main reason that I bought it was for the handsfree use of my phone. I would not recommend buyingM&M to anyone who asked me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
alfiesgrandma said:
The main reason that I bought it was for the handsfree use of my phone.  I would not recommend buying M&M to anyone who asked me.
As a keen car enthusiast I find it soul destroying that people would buy a car on the strength of its 'hands free' or sat nav or radio or cup holders or wheel trims...

I'm no luddite but I get more excited about its 'car' type features...meh...! ;)

·
Registered
448 Posts
My basic Take Up is a Useless piece of junk also.no air con..so I am missing out on all the window misting issues...No illuminated window switches...I have to wind mine up and down...really hard work...My M & M does just what I want it to do..So I am missing out on these problems as well.

Mind you I did purchase a car !!

Had I wanted a Phone with 4 wheels and an engine....Then I would probably be as disappointed as you.

Go well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts