Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondered how people came up with their username.
I'll start...
I chose my username because my name is Gary and i used to drive a 2002 tdi mk4 golf so.
That's how i picked my username
gary02tdi

Edited by: gary02tdi

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good thread!

I chose my name because thats what my friends calling me. Its Danish and it means Fat-ass Jesper. (Jesper is my name) It's a good laugh, 'cause i ain't really fat. 197cm, 82 kgs. But its a good name...!

Edited by: FedeJesper

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a photograph in my study of a lighthouse being hit by a wave. It was taken by Jean Guichard.

Rob

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Mine is Alexander backwards...

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is 'Hawkwind' -- One of the 2x Kit Cars I built a few years back.

It's chassis was tubular Stainless Steel and the body was Stainless steel too...It's donor car was a 2Ltr Ford Sierra.

Spec: Recaro seats, Mountney 9" steering wheel, 2litre petrol injected, 5 speed manual, rear wheel drive, 5 spoke alloys. Really fast and exciting fun. The owners club used to go to all the kit car shows and camp over showing off hundreds of these at a show. We drove in convoy to Le Mans to watch the 24 hour race etc. The look on peoples faces as we drove by was wonderful... and kids all waved.

All wonderful adventures, but totally impractical as an everyday car.

A while later I registered on an internet dating site and met my gorgeous, now wife, Anthea. I registered my username as 'Stainless' without thinking at the time.

I discovered later that evidently a few girls avoided me as 'Stainless' sounded just a little too saucy !!! ;)

OK.. Who can work out WHY I called the car 'Hawkwind' ???????

Dave

·
294 Posts
I wish I had chose something clever as my username now

Maybe if I tell you all my name is Brian and Dan was the nickname I gave my fighter jet it might sound a bit more interesting!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Lovejimbo's a pseudonym I use for my 'brand' when I freelance, it came from the way I'd always put my name down as Love in videogame high score sheets that had character limits when I was a child and then became my web presence when I found Love was always taken as a username, so lovejimbo became my handle. I also use hatejimbo and ragejimbo depending on the format the name is needed for or my mood...

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dan you started this forum therefore you should have control of how to change your username,
I know guys on other forums that did theirs?

·
Registered
128 Posts
gary02tdi ...

Leave Dan alone... He's probably not that ...

Desperate !!

( Sorry... Just couldn't resist !! ;)

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dave i was just saying

Come on guys we have 90 members and no one else wants to enlighten us how the picked their username?????

·
Registered
160 Posts
I chose mine as I gave up smoking 10 weeks ago - money saved pays some of the extras on my new Up!3 weeks till build week ............

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GaveUp said:
I chose mine as I gave up smoking 10 weeks ago - money saved pays some of the extras on my new Up!3 weeks till build week ............
WELL DONE!

·
Registered
553 Posts
gary02tdi said:
GaveUp said:
WELL DONE!
And from me too!!

Very Well Done and DON'T fall off that wagon!!

Its 29 years since I gave UP! and when someone lights UP! at certain times I do that "BIG SNIFF" that all ex smokers seem to do!
Its hard but its worth it!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi M5 SUT

Not quite.. 'Silver Dream Machine' was by David Essex....

My stainless steel car was called 'HAWKWIND' as their biggest hit was...

Silver Machine !! ;)

Best wishes

DaveW

1 - 20 of 100 Posts