Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems a really useful tool but very expensive, if you can even find it. Have others bought it or got alternatives? Where did you get it from?

·
Registered
467 Posts
After year of driving my Up never had a need for some tool which is not included in tyre replacement kit.

What for this tool is so useful?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Collas, yes that's the one listed in the VW workshop manual. B82ry I've now looked in the tools in the boot and there seems to be a similar shaped one but it's too big. However I think a small torx bit might do. Have now ordered a torx set for a few pounds, so I'll see if that works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did it work. Were you trying to take the front bumper off. I want to replace mine, but the tool is really expensive like you said.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Did it work. Were you trying to take the front bumper off. I want to replace mine, but the tool is really expensive like you said.
unless you a building a long block engine or replacing wheels or brakes, you dont need a torque wrench,

if you really need one, you can get Norbar wrenches, make in the UK!

·
Registered
320 Posts
even cheap silverline torque wrenches work fine, i don't even think dealers would use VAG tools if they don't have to.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
In 37 years of driving l have never used a torque wrench to replace wheel nuts.

I’ve owned a range of cars from a 1932 Standard Nine to a Ferrari Mondial t.

Generally as tight as you can get them with the included wheel nut wrench (or a normal wheel nut wrench) seems fine. I’ve never had a wheel come loose or found loose wheel nuts when checking my wheels.

·
Registered
303 Posts
In 37 years of driving l have never used a torque wrench to replace wheel nuts.

I’ve owned a range of cars from a 1932 Standard Nine to a Ferrari Mondial t.

Generally as tight as you can get them with the included wheel nut wrench (or a normal wheel nut wrench) seems fine. I’ve never had a wheel come loose or found loose wheel nuts when checking my wheels.
just say "click" AvE style when you think its about right, problem solved!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts