Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which quantum oil you can use in the Up as it is a lot cheaper than Castrol and is made by VW??

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quantum is supplied by volkswagen yes.. but it depends on your service schdule either 5w-30 or 5w-40 you can all your dealer to ask then get the top up you need dont put any oil as this could cause problems

·
Registered
20 Posts
No the up can be set as fixed, or flexible. Fixed is for cars that do less than 10k a year and on short journeys and flex is for cars that drive 25 miles or more in a day on longer journeys and up 18k or for 24 months. Check with the guys at tps what type of oil you need. Ps they are not just a web site they are the trade arm for vw uk and all us car techs go to them for bits for vag cars. They have depots all over the country.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes ,sorry it's is me being forgetful quantum recently made a one size fits all oil to stop on all the confusion. But they do offer an alternative for fixed services.

·
Registered
583 Posts
They still list the up! - and their oil recommendations - with a flexible LongLife service though, which is incorrect.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used to be a Volvo owner and know that Opie Oils was recommended by regular posters on the Volvo forums too.

On the basis of that I bought oil from them for my car and got a great deal on a good quality product that met manufacturer's specifications (and no I don't have a connection with the company).

·
Registered
164 Posts
Lets put this one to bed. Volkswagen and other VW group vehicle (Seat Skoda included) should use oil containing number 504 or 507. I have just purchased off ebay FUCHS (for fuchs sake pronounce it correctly people) FOOKS I think is the correct pronunciation. Fully synthetic and good oil to boot. This 504 supercedes 502 oil. You can see under Longlife the 504 which is the VW standard.

·
Registered
182 Posts
big-up said:
It's a shopping car. It doesn't need race car quality oil. Synthetic and just change it every 10k.

...which is what I said last August (above). Any oil with the spec VW504 or VW507 is fine.

·
Registered
164 Posts
big-up said:
It's a shopping car. It doesn't need race car quality oil. Synthetic and just change it every 10k.

How sir can you call it a shopping car? A car is used for what the driver wants it for, school run car, main transport, etc. I use mine for going shooting, by your account I'm misusing my car!!!!!
I will buy the best oil available. Some use TripleX oil from ECP. NOT ME, it's just NOT quality oil.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts