Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The topics on the Up! having only one remote
key and how this varied from the brochure prompts me to mention the website with reference to electric windows.

Try this :-

www.volkswagen.co.uk
I want a new Volkswagen
Select Up!
View model details
Explore
Interior
Electric windows

and you find this

"The electric window controls are conveniently located in the drivers door and can operate the windows individually."

"For comfort and safety the front electric windows feature a one touch open and close facility."

The photograph with the text is clearly an Up! Black but there is no suggestion that the spec is different for this model. Is it? The brochure (which I have) is not specific about the electric windows; it just states that all cars from and above Move Up! have them.

I WOULD so much like the spec mentioned on the website. I mentioned this difference to the salesman when I collected my car but he was quite unaware of it. Unfortunately, this is not something that would be as easy to correct as the shortage of a remote key,

Anyone know what the legal position is?

Tornado red Move Up! with sensor pack and winter pack.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had this conversation with my salesman and the manager, but they directed me to the little fine print on the brochure, and it states that not all information in the brochure will be accurate , and that vw will not be responsible for any errors in the brochure. In another words, is their way to clear themselves from any discrepancies the brochure might have, example, two remote keys, etc. I found it annoying, but there is not much you can do but to take it directly to vw corporate. Some people were lucky and had a dealer that helped hem, but not everyone. I am not aware of any model having the one touch up or down on the electric windows. I have the high up! BMT 75ps and it doesn't have it. Legal position on this? Good question. Being the website might be a good idea to contact vw corporate and ask... But this is what the legal section on the website states:

3) Product specification

The specifications contained in this website are for information purposes only as we cannot confirm the exact specifications of the vehicle. If you require any specific feature you must consult your Volkswagen retailer who is regularly updated with any change in specification.
Please check model availability and full specification details with your Volkswagen retailer prior to ordering. Neither Volkswagen nor Volkswagen retailers can accept contractual responsibility for your reliance on the information contained herein.
Some illustrations in this website do not necessarily reflect UK specifications and may not be available. Consequently controls and some items of equipment are positioned differently for the UK.
Volkswagen has tried its hardest to illustrate the vehicle and specifications you have requested but, unfortunately, at times, you may find the model and specifications you have selected are no longer available. Volkswagen will try to comply with any requests you may have but please be aware that this picture is for illustrative purposes only. Please confirm vehicle and specifications with your local retailer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I see your point on the vw website, I've checked my brochure and the configure app on my ipad and no mention of comfort function. The only thing I was wondering is if they can be programmed at the dealer. Either way the website mentions nothing and clearly is wrong. False advertising is the first thing that springs to mind.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It is def. but they cover their bums with those fine prints that no one reads, lol.

Might be worth asking someone in Germany, maybe their cars come with it and it might just be a matter of code or a different relay, or something.....Edited by: GPVG26

·
Registered
532 Posts
Don't take seriously any information on the web site. I have found several errors and it took them ages to change the site. I thinktheirattitude is nothing short of terrible.

It appears to me that they are loading all the issues onto their dealers as the legislation protects the buyer at the point of sale not while browsing the internet.

Beware.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I have an up black and only have one button on the drivers side, the same as everyone else.

What's the point in producing a brochure which is not correct? Surely this is one of the only industries that could get away with that!

·
Registered
532 Posts
The brochure is one thing, it takes ages to design and is almost certainly out of date as soon as it is published, but I can't see any excuse for not having a website up to date.

The website that I have a little to do with was updated within minutes of the treasurer asking me to update the site.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
None of them even have the door controllers like other models... Thats why no comfort/programable windows....

Call me uncynical, but i really believe the ino inn brochure/website to just be very careless mistakes...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts