Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen the new Vauxhall ADAM?
https://m.vauxhall.co.uk/car_description.htm;jsessionid=2BDEE60345E5E0FB819BB2A62BD7E6D7?carModel=ADAM&carModelPage=adam

Thoughts?

It's pricier than the Up! for starters, maybe sits in the Audi A1/Fiat 500 bracket?
It seems to have Vauxhalls 1.2 and 1.4 petrol engines, although apparently MPG is around 55, but CO2 doesn't dip below 118g/km.

I read they are planning the release of a 3 pot 1 litre lump to start the range, which could be interesting. Only mention it as I saw one outside a dealers on my way home a moment ago, until then I had never heard of them!

Either way, I'm happy with my Up! and am convinced it is likely a much better car, even if it is cheaper.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes,I have seen one at dealers in Lakeside,but I am not impressed.With all my respect to designers,"Adam" can not catch my eyes.Hard to explain "why..."

·
Registered
811 Posts
If you think that the name is stupid, the trim levels are Slam, Glam and Jam. The colours all have ridiculous names and there are some cringeworthy options like blue headlining with LED 'stars'.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Interior is quite nice but is quite expensive and the engines are just the now slightly long in the tooth 1.2 and 1.4 ecotec lump that is found in the Corsa. Not my cup of tea looks wise, but I can see its appeal and is well made. It is more in competition with the Mini and Mito than the up! though.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'd be surprised if it wasn't a decent car, I've had several Vauxhalls over the years and all have been well made, reliable, and cheap to maintain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts