Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be some confusion as to whether auto locking and double locking can be activated.

I've just got a Seat Mii SE ASG and the dealer says they can't find it in the coding.

I've looked on the Citigo, Mii and Up! forums and found out what the coding should be, but has anyone done it on a Mii? I wouldn't have thought Volkswagen would go to the trouble of having different software for the three versions.

I'm also interested in the tear wiping and adjusting the fuel consumption (can this also be done?) ""“ mine seems about 4 per cent optimistic on brim to brim fills.

I'll be going back to the dealer with the relevant information but in the meantime does anyone in the Bedfordshire/Milton Keynes area have VCDS who would be able to check if this can be done on my car?

Many thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
From my understanding dealerships have a different system than VCDS for programming cars so the 2 might not be comparable.

I picked up my Seat Mii 2 weeks ago and had long discussions about the auto-locking, in the end the dealer contacted SEAT Europe to get the coding so I managed to pick the car up with it programmed. The dealer called it Safe Locking and my display says 'SAFE LOCK' when I 1st open the car. Do the up!'s show that as well?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The Up does have a safe lock display but my understanding is that it is nothing to do with auto locking. Safe lock when activated prevents the doors being opened from the inside. It is activated when you lock the car with the remote and presumably prevents theft by breaking a window to open the door.

·
Registered
95 Posts
MiiMii said:
I'll be going back to the dealer with the relevant information but in the meantime does anyone in the Bedfordshire/Milton Keynes area have VCDS who would be able to check if this can be done on my car?

Many thanks
I have a VCDS cable.. Have dropped you a message.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies, folks.

The dealer (SEAT at MK) has now
programmed auto-locking and double locking but I'm going to ask them to
see if they can also add coming home lights (09 Cent elec, byte 10 bit
2) and tear wipe (09, byte 14, bit 4) plus I'm trying to find out if
it's possible to have the rear lights on with the drls but can't find out what
the coding is.

I'll post up the results once the job's done.

·
Registered
604 Posts
MiiMii said:
Thanks for your replies, folks.

The dealer (SEAT at MK) has now
programmed auto-locking and double locking but I'm going to ask them to
see if they can also add coming home lights (09 Cent elec, byte 10 bit
2) and tear wipe (09, byte 14, bit 4) plus I'm trying to find out if
it's possible to have the rear lights on with the drls but can't find out what
the coding is.

I'll post up the results once the job's done.
I have heard of someone on here having done rear lights coming on with drl but can't remember who, anyway yes it is possible

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have had cars in the past with all these features and rarely if ever used them. So I am not rushing to have then activated on my Up! I would love a car that automatically washed, waxed and polished itself. š¿

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I wanted to Leaving home lights, where the headlights come on when you unlock the car. WHat I like about it is on my Touran and EOS, I cana leave the lights on the ON position permanently and they lights come on when the engine is on. It's like having auto lights without the light sensor.

I have tries loads of settings but can't get it to work :(

If anyone does manage, please let me know the bytes/bits!

Thanks

S

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Why would you want to have your lights on permanently? Coming home lights are designed to stay on for a time after you get out of the car and light the way to your door. I suppose one day cars will not have any controls because everything will be automatic or voice controlled. Then probably we will have people moaning because they have to steer the car!!š˜š˜

1 - 9 of 9 Posts