Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Do any of you have any experience and possible recommendation for a vehicle recorder?

These look like a useful investment on today's crowded roads with some aggressive drivers.

However, it's a difficult task to choose one as they vary in price from about £30 to £250 and there is no way I can see of obtaining reliable information on any of them before purchase. The ebay ones mostly come directly from China and without user feedback, so buying one of these is a bit of a pig in a poke, especially as you can't return them once they've been opened. Even the Amazon ones from Amazon marketplace are coming directly from China, which Amazon don't tell you.

There are some reviews on YouTube, and these are helpful, but these tests don't include long term reliability.

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I use a Roadhawk DC-1 app.£200.Ideal bit of kit.<div sab="951">However if you dont want to spend that much go for a Smart Cam HD DVR app.£60
<div sab="951">I have both in use in our cars the Roadhawk hides well behind the mirror on the up!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I also have the Roadhawk DC-1. Excellent piece of kit, with HD video, audion, GPS linked, Google maps live, current speed, date, time, latitude, longitude, three separate G-shock sensors in the vertical, fore-aft and left-right planes, etc. If anything happens, the guilty party will not be able to wriggle out of it.

Edited by: move up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts