Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out test-driving an Up yet again to ease the excitement (didn't go as planned, went in the total opposite direction, lol) and I noticed a slight vibration in idle, so that if you have your foot placed on the brake, you get this ticklish feeling throughout the foot.

Will this disappear at some point? Not that its a huge problem.
Edited by: Blackpuppy

·
Registered
65 Posts
Probably not as the engine is 3 cylinder and triples are prone to vibration as they are inherently unbalanced. You will get used to it soon enough, I'm lead to believe the up! has one of the smoother engines out there - I know from experience that it's streets ahead of the one in the c1/107/aygo. Enjoy it :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I did notice it on mine when I got it, but now over 6300 miles if it is there I don't notice it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh alright!
I seriously cannot wait till I get mine in the end of October! This car is just so nice all around!

·
Registered
957 Posts
I can feel a slight vibration from the engine through my seat on tick over and I don't mind it at all.
When you're driving it's very smooth.
Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sometimes its there, other times its totally smooth, think it depends on engine temp etc.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Occationally get it. But her previous car was a non-turbo diesel so its a **** of a lot better.

·
Registered
448 Posts
dmn100 said:
Probably not as the engine is 3 cylinder and triples are prone to vibration as they are inherently unbalanced. You will get used to it soon enough, I'm lead to believe the up! has one of the smoother engines out there - I know from experience that it's streets ahead of the one in the c1/107/aygo. Enjoy it :)[/QUOTE

Ok. when you are at idle ...there is a slight "throb" from the engine....due to it being a three cylinder...I like it myself...As you get going all is well , I think then, it becomes a much bigger than a 1 Litre engine by the feel of it. Last night I had to drive home on a motorway, and to be honest ,I was amazed. At 80 mph our little Up was still going for it! illegal I know... but well impressed.

Go well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I really does not perform badly at motorway speeds but if you are used to driving more powerful cars the lack of immediate power can get frustrating on the motorway.

Just reminds me of first passing my test and having a 1.0L Polo where if you wanted to overtake someone you had to drop back, build up some speed and then overtake.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, im used to a car that can only drive 55-60 mph at best.. I think the Up with its max at 100 mph will make me lots of happy on the highway!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Sometimes I notice a very slight vibration as well - when stopped and @ idle, which doesn't happen often due to start/stop.

When you think it's annoying, go sit inside a similar class diesel car for a reality check.
Last time I got in my old diesel, I thought it was going to blow up ... sort of

1 - 12 of 12 Posts