Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was doing some snooping today and came across this, the Novo Fox! It looks as though its only available in Brazil but its got an updated face to match the new VW range.

1. WHY would VW update a car that no one liked and bring out another car (Up!) to replace it and still sell this?

2. Do you like it? Would you have bought a new Fox over an Up ???

[TUBE]L173l5aQc6o[/TUBE]

·
Registered
655 Posts
This will be just for cheaper markets, but VW are allegedly preparing a cut price up for new expanding markets like India. Don't expect to see either in the UK. It is merely a way of expanding into new areas where car demand has huge money making potential.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think its funny how car makers make some cars for some countries and others for other countries! Like the Ford Ka ... they have it in america but looks no where near the one we have over here!!

I sort of like this Fox! give it the Ups arse and interior and I would have gone for it! ..... maybe!

·
Registered
655 Posts
You would have needed your head checking if you did!!! The Fox was never originally designed with European tastes or quality expectations in mind. The up! was and that is why it is such a great all round package.

·
Registered
143 Posts
VW can continue to build cars this way and make the most of the original design costs.

Remeber the VW T2 van and original golf these were produced in south africa a longtime after the rest of the world, alhough politiics oobably played a part in that.

The T2 van is still built in Brazil!

The original beatle was produced in Mexico or what seemed like forever.

Car companies also sell their designs on or retool.

GM sold old deigns t Daewoo for their original cars.
Audi let Seat use the outgoing Audi A4 for the basis of the Exeo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts