Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the volume when phone is paired to radio. When I am on a call the volume has to be at max to hear caller at all, and there is a huge amount of hissing. My phone is set to max volume so it’s not that. The radio plays clear as a bell so it’s not the speakers. iPhone 8 and XR both same issue. Any ideas anyone????

·
Registered
776 Posts
Isn't there a control somewhere to set the volume for a Bluetooth source? I'm sure I saw it somewhere on this forum, but the 'search' function is a bit hit and miss.....

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have to turn the volume up too, was the same in my tsi so just thought it was normal.
not sure if there’s a setting for phone call volume but there is one for navigation

·
Registered
95 Posts
bluetooth quality seems to be a complete mixed bag with cars.

My first mini was crystal, second one shite, the Gti is in the middle somewhere. Even my old VW based 56 Leon FR was better.

·
Registered
138 Posts
bluetooth quality seems to be a complete mixed bag with cars.

My first mini was crystal, second one shite, the Gti is in the middle somewhere. Even my old VW based 56 Leon FR was better.
Yeah my tsi high up had better sound than the gti

·
Registered
776 Posts
My last 2 vehicles (including current Citigo) have worked excellently for phone use (with a 5 year old £160 Motorola), and the steering wheel controls are good on the Citigo too. But BT varies a lot with the phones themselves, and sometimes BT between a given pair of devices is not always compatible in my experience...

I have steered clear from for example using BT in a HiFi system - gimme wires or optical fibres any day! But on the other hand, I do have 3 BT keyboards working between any of our 3 PCs and any of our various tablets and phones, plus a BT "page turner pedal" for docs and music - but of course, no "volume" issues are possible there!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine did something like this which I adjusted shortly after buying.
I've a very vague memory (which corresponds with others above) there's volume setting(s) for various sources somewhere in the head units menus.
I can't recall whether I found it by trial and error or from the manual but it wasn't in an intuitive(to me!) menu tree.

·
Registered
612 Posts
First check volume ON YOUR PHONE, turn the phone to max, then you will find that your 'in car' volume works
External devices when connected to B/Tooth often turn down the volume on the source device. Hope this helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts