Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Like the front - goes well with against the silver and the black grin grill vents.. not so sure about the rear tho.... could grow on me tho ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I agree like the front, goes really well with the silver car

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'm surprised VW did not think of black badges - you can see the logo better, at the front, on light coloured cars when they are black. I like the black rear badge too mainly due to the chrome version being a bit large and 'in your face' for want of a better description. +1 from me...

·
Registered
261 Posts
after wearing a Fiat badge for over 12months, for me, the bigger the VW badge the better! lol

·
Registered
619 Posts
Bob Up said:
after wearing a Fiat badge for over 12months, for me, the bigger the VW badge the better! lol

I owned a Fiat group car ten years ago and will never, NEVER buy one again! The build quality, repair and running costs were debilitating to say the least. I do like the look of the Fiat 500 but...it has a Fiat badge.

·
Registered
261 Posts
lol thats the polite version Mark!Yes Jimmy I agree that the 500 has an iconic design & shape which is why we fell for it & its not a bad car in the grand scheme of things ..... but it just does not come even close to an Up! imo
Was glad to be rid of it tbh & havent looked back

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did you wrap the badges? I've been researching online and you're the only person I could find who has black badges. Did you remove the badges first or did you use Plasti-Dip or something?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Although the Mk1 GTi, on which we are told the UpGTi is linked had a black VW emblem in 1975
Ah - didn't know / recall that
So you're adding a retro touch :wink:

For those who want a really big VW badge, here's one solution ... :devil:

·
Registered
189 Posts

And the rear in 1975 was understated and pretty horrendous....

no emblem, no red pin stripe,
Thats a 1982 reg,I had a llasa green one

1 - 18 of 18 Posts