Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a blue motion just under a year old. the stop start works intermittently. the garage cannot find a fault has anyone else had this problem.

·
Registered
35 Posts
linda wilde said:
i have a blue motion just under a year old. the stop start works intermittently. the garage cannot find a fault has anyone else had this problem.
I've got a Bluemotion Up with the S/S and never had an issue with it yet. However, there are many factors which can cause it to not operate. These are all listed in the Up manual.

The S/S requires that the engine is a certain temperature - it can't be too hot or too cold. Because of this, it won't work for the first few minutes after turning the engine on. That's the most common reason the S/S appears to be faulty.

One question though, when you notice the S/S isn't working does anything appear on the dashboard? On the LCD screen there should be an A symbol in a circle with a line through it. This indicates that the S/S is turned on but something is stopping it from activating. If nothing appears on the dashboard when the S/S doesn't activate then it indicates that the system isn't turned on at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thanks for your help with this

i know about the A icon on the dash - i get a line through it when the S/S isn;t working

i also get a burning smell when it stops working

so sometimes it works and sometimes doesn;t, it seems to be random

1 - 3 of 3 Posts