Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that VW only provide breakdown / recovery for the first year after registration on the UP

If I were to purchase an VW extended warranty at purchase does this include breakdown / recovery for the full term? 4 or 5 years.

If not what is the cost of purchasing additional years breakdown / recovery cover please?

Bozzer

Edited by: Bozzer

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
After my free year I decided to continue with the VW breakdown plan. The cost was comparable to the cost of the service provided by my insurance company. I am sure you will find other alternatives that are cheaper but you never know how good something is until you need to use it. I believe that regardless of extended warranty VW only provide breakdown cover free for the first year.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I compared like with like and went with VW as it was about the same price for better cover ....hope I never need them though!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Privatedoc said:
I compared like with like and went with VW as it was about the same price for better cover ....hope I never need them though!
Hi PD, can you explain in what way the VW cover is better? Thanks.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Our Up is just approaching one year old, so after having VW free recovery for that time, we had intended to add the Up to our Green Flag recovery, which would have cost us an extra £21. However, upon renewing the insurance, they offered us free recovery for the next year and the renewal was £15 cheaper than last year. Admittedly this does not include Home Start. So we are £36 in profit. Taking into account that we will have to Road Tax this year, £20 , we are still £16 in hand. Now that, if I shop around, is a bottle of Scotland's finest.
I'm well pleased!

Oh..hang on..She who has to be obeyed has just spent it on essentials.

No wee dram this month then

Go well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts