Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I just bought the new e-up! I'm very happy with how the car drives but, after a couple of days, I realized that it makes a buzzing noise/sound that is very noticeable when the car is stopped.
The noise is coming from the engine area and when I called the dealership, they told me it is normal and it is because of the ventilator needed to refrigerate the battery.

Are you guys seeing something similar with your e-up!? The noise is masked away If I start the radio or if I start moving at a decent speed, but it is there when I start the car or when I stop at a light.

Thank you!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, it is probably to keep the battery cool while you are still. Of course the air moving in to the car refrigerates the battery while you are moving, so no need for the ventilator if you are not stopped which is why you can't hear it while moving

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is probably to keep the battery cool while you are still. Of course the air moving in to the car refrigerates the battery while you are moving, so no need for the ventilator if you are not stopped which is why you can't hear it while moving
Thanks for the insight. I have noticed lately that the noise is not there after a pick up my car in the evenings, when the temperature is above 16C. It happens in the morning when the temperature is about 9C, which makes me believe this radiator is actually warming up the battery rather than cooling it off.

Also, the noise does not stop when I move the car, it is simply shadowed by other noises like wind, wheels in the road, etc...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hmm - mine never has , but then its a 2018 model. yours will have the bigger battery as in 150-ish mile range? Maybe there is temperature control in that but mine isn't. There is anormal radiator and fan of course but I have never heard mine working and the rad only gets to 20-ish C and only ever to near 30 when very hot - way less than the 90+ of IC engine cars. A mystery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts