Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
I love the fact that the voiceover is done by Steven Hawkings' wife.
Edited by: Allybasher

·
Registered
261 Posts
lmao Ally - nice one. :) although a great concept, I dont think Id ever go for a totally electric car until a larger range is developed - 80% of 93 miles is only 75 ish & not enough for our needs really... and the complete absence of a sucksqueezebangblow mechanism under the bonnet is disconcerting to say the least :(Ill stick with being a pseudo petrol head rather than turning into a voltage junkie for the foreseeable future

·
Registered
811 Posts
Being from Derbyshire, I love the name e-Up. If they call the Seat version the Mii Duck my life would be complete.

·
Registered
261 Posts
and presumably the Skoda e-Go?? (e-by-gum would be lost in translation lol)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Apologies to all readers not from the northern part of England who will have no idea what we are going on about.

Back to topic, the e-up would only work if all your journeys are short and you live in a city with lots of charging points. I am sceptical about pure electric cars generally, particularly as the quoted ranges are like quoted mpg figures impossible to achieve in less than ideal circumstances. You'd probably get about 50 from this one.

What we need is a range extended hybrid with the engine from the XL1. That I would be interested in.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Up! to now I haven't taken much notice of E cars due to the dismal range even from a full charge and dismissed them as 'Gadgets for Tree Huggers.' Now dont get me wrong, I like to hug the odd tree now & again (there's a time & place for everything) but if there isnt a charging point next to the forest it seems to defeat the purpose :) Our nearest e-point involves a round trip of 20 miles to Blyth Beach!Now if me & Ally could come up with a very long (retractable of course) extension lead so it could be run off the mains........ :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Now theres another thought... are these charging points free to use? as in when charging and parked?or is parking 'free' while you are charging and only pay for that? ( or vice versa) Cant believe that town councils would let a chance of double whammy revenue slip thru their fingers .....be interesting to find out if anyone knows

·
Registered
811 Posts
A bit sparse in the wilds of Derbyshire though. I'm with Bob Up and the long extension lead idea. That or mini trolley buses with overhead wires and a pole on the roof.

Anyway must go, time for my medication......

·
Registered
619 Posts
The eUp would be fine for 99% of my journeys in the summer but I'm not so sure about the winter months, with the lights and heater running. There again, I could have a mini Up fleet - Up White + eUp - best of both worlds.

PS I would just have to find the cash for my fleet - the eUp would probably be expensive.
Edited by: luckyjimmy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts