Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Just wanted to share my e up. I'm aware this isn't a "petrolheads" dream car, but it's cheep daily car. That's it!
Feel free to comment or ask abut anything.

·
Registered
198 Posts
One of the nicest ups I've seen, especially the interior. How does it feel to drive?

I'm thinking to replace my up for a (plug-in) hybrid version that may go on sale in a year or two. The electrical range would be enough to get me to and from work without using any petrol. Do you find the charging easy/practical to use?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's very agile and the throttle response is just amazing, also very quiet inside. Perfect city car. Range is more like 120km then promised 170km, but that's as much as i need any way. I get to charge it at work every day for free, so it costs nothing to run it.
What i really don't like abut it is a lack of rain sensor (especially in Norway) and it should switch automatically form DRL to regular light's...
I picked it up last month and drove like 1kkm with it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi. I have ordered a high up with auto box. yours does not look anything like the photos of the gear lever that I have seen in the u k or have they changed the layout . I cannot believe there are 2 types of auto box for the up.
Mike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All e-up's have top equipment, including cilimatronic, cruise control, MFA and emergency break (up to 30km/h). You can also adjust climate control via mobile app. Sun roof was the only extra feature I had to pay additionally.

·
Registered
467 Posts
miketedl said:
Hi. I have ordered a high up with auto box. yours does not look anything like the photos of the gear lever that I have seen in the u k or have they changed the layout . I cannot believe there are 2 types of auto box for the up.
Mike.
Hey, Mike!

The thing is - e-Up has only one gear (because of electric engine) with several recuperation braking functions which can be switched by this gear.

Agree - this DSG look gear is much more sympathetic.

The e-up! is equipped with the 1-gear gearbox 0CZ.The gearbox and the three-phase current drive
form a single unit.The challenge during development was to construct agearbox that is quieter over the entire motor speedrange.

Regards,
Matīss

·
Registered
164 Posts
Cadfael said:
For all "e-fans" ...

On German TV we have a commecial with "Captain Kirk" and "Mr. Spock" ...
While Kirk drives the e-Golf, Spock drives the XL1 ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITC0H1xc8TE

At the end you also see the e-up ...
For my country is more useful the hybrid versions, like the Golf GTE (36.000 euro in germany), the XL1
https://www.volkswagen-xl1.com/en/content/prospective-buyer-registration
(111.000 euro in germany), or the ne Twin UP!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX5_y5iHpdM

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/first-drive-vw-twin-up-prototype-2014-03-24

But it's not in production yet.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Cogratulations for Your e-UP!

Here in my Country the most economic option for the vehicles is the use with GNC (compressed natural gas). But really it's economic becauseis the same gas of the houses, that is compressed in the gas stations, which has the price subsidized by the government, and autonomy does not exceed 200 km.

<div id="gt--tools"><div id="gt--tools-l"><div style="display: inline-block;" id="gt--tool"><div id="itamenu">

<div id="gt-res-" ="almost_half_cell"><div dir="ltr" style="zoom:1">If the government removes the subsidy for thecompressed natural gas, it will no more the economic option.

The problem for purely electric vehicles in my country is that the electrical supply to the homes, it is not very safe and every so no interrupts, especially when there are very high or very low temperatures.
The other problem is if used as the only vehicle, due to long distances, it is impossible to use it to go on holiday to points far from cities.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well in Norway You can benefit a lot from using of an electric car. You pay 460NOK in road tax (instead of 6200NOK) and there's no toll on road's witch in my case would be like another 20000NOK a year.
Charging costs nothing, because a can do that free of charge almost every ware in Norway. Fast charging stations witch are located along most of the main roads are free as well.

·
Registered
164 Posts
gruber said:
Well in Norway You can benefit a lot from using of an electric car. You pay 460NOK in road tax (instead of 6200NOK) and there's no toll on road's witch in my case would be like another 20000NOK a year.
Charging costs nothing, because a can do that free of charge almost every ware in Norway. Fast charging stations witch are located along most of the main roads are free as well.
Even a propaganda, the facts make it seem really (compared to my country):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITC0H1xc8TE

While in Argentina there is no discount on taxes for which use ecological vehicles.

Enjoy Your e-Up!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Cadfael said:
Hi gruber,

an welcome to the forum!
We already have a huge e-up! community (from scandinavia) here.

Thanx for the nice and detailed photos!

Good that the e-up has these special alloys, front and back lights to make it unique and outstanding.
In Germany the electric car users has the same benefits like gruber in Norway?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
We have tax benefits (20 or 40 EUROsfor an up! ?).
No free charging ...

We have had a road tax debate since one year. One party wants it - all others not.
If the road tax comes, e-cars MIGHT benefit (but also 3t Porsche Hybrids).
Then they MIGHT also use the buss lanes in the streets.

Scandinavia does much more for e-cars than Germany!
German goverment has no interest in ecological solutions because most "premium builders" don't offer such cars. It is a sham how German government "torpedoed" EU plans for ecological laws to protect German premium cars. Because of its weight, a German Leopard II tank is "more ecological" than a 55 mpg car ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@Cadfael

Stop complaining! Germany has everything - free decent roads, cheep cars and petrol and no traffic jams.

Norway has no roads at all. One of the major citys, like to one I live in (Stavanger) has no sufficient motorway, with no alternative for collective/public transportation. It takes 45 min to travel 10km in after work. That's outrages. And another thing is the taxes. Golf GTI i around 600000NOK, then You are charged with a 6000 tax, and thing called bommstajon. It's basically a 80 Nok a day (It gets doubled in 2017). And the fuel is like 20% more expensive:)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi gruber,

When have you been to Germany last?
The motorway / Autobahn A40 is a 80 km (50 miles) long traffic jam!
The "Kamener Kreuz" and "Autobahnkreuz Unna" where I live are famous of the traffic jams.
Stood
in a jam last Sunday with my up! on the way from rural "Sauerland" to
Dortmund on the A44 (which becomes the A40 on the other side of
Dortmund).

I sometimes need 15 minutes for 2.5 km to work!!!
And the roads in the Ruhrgebiet remind of old GDR roads before 1990 ...

I agree that cars (and tax) are much higher in Scandinavia and the Netherlands ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well ruhrgebiet is a home for over 12 million people Stavanger has 125000 inhabitants. We have around 12km of a motorway. In DE You can always use U/S-Bahn to get any ware You want to in a city border limits.
Road in Rogolad district (Stavanger area) are overcrowded, thats way the city authority's decided to double the road fee form 2017 instead of building roads. They have also made some major infrastructural investments recently. It's a branch of a existing motorway witch follows for... 2 km !!!

And wait for it... has only one lane.

God job Norway...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts