Up Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My new mirror switch knob with alu ring like golf 7 fitted today and be the same with all the other aluminium details.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So... the side mirrors on your car where electric or manual? Mine as manual but, like the Mk7 that I also have, the electric ones are needed. What parts do I need to retrofit them?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
My car had factory electric heated mirrors. For retrofit you need a pair of power mirrors ,wiring and switch. Edited by: gsrsilver

·
Registered
597 Posts
kompressor said:
So... the side mirrors on your car where electric or manual? Mine as manual but, like the Mk7 that I also have, the electric ones are needed. What parts do I need to retrofit them?
I plan to do likewise, but only if the door loom already has the connections for the switch and the mirrors. I am not optimistic as I have done a bit of research on VW UP parts, and there seems to be quite a variety of door looms available for the UP. Only way to find out is to pop off the door trim on drivers side and see if the mirror switch connection is there near the window and locking switch wiring. But that is a job for me for another day as too busy at the moment.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I am 100% sure that there is no wiring into door. You have to run all cables. I am sory i said that but this is vw.!!!!!

·
Registered
597 Posts
gsrsilver said:
I am 100% sure that there is no wiring into door. You have to run all cables. I am sory i said that but this is vw.!!!!!

Just had the drivers side door card off.I can confirm that there is no wiring in the door for the switch or mirrors. So any install is going to be quite complicated, and I am now too old to be bothered. So my two projects, electric mirrors and retrofit satnav are now well and truly screwed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
wellfan said:
gsrsilver said:

Just had the drivers side door card off.I can confirm that there is no wiring in the door for the switch or mirrors. So any install is going to be quite complicated, and I am now too old to be bothered. So my two projects, electric mirrors and retrofit satnav are now well and truly screwed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great mod to the door switches, but i have a couple of questions as i want to do this mod myself.1. what led did you use for the illumination and where do you solder it?.
2. you said you used a 680 ohm resistor but where does this go?
3. where do you get the 12v feed from, can you take it from the switch itself?.

sorry for so many questions, but i want to do this mod and do it right without mucking anything up.

colin.

·
Registered
11 Posts
gsrsilver said:
My new mirror switch knob with alu ring like golf 7 fitted today and be the same with all the other aluminium details.

Is the knob from the Golf 7, Part nr: 5G0959565A ???Edited by: -EA-

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did the window switched not already have LED's in?

And I am surprised you had the fender audio but no rear speakers? The beats system has rear speakers and I assumed it was exactly the same as the fender. Are the front speakers worth upgrading to Focal ones as well?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
chris93 said:
Did the window switched not already have LED's in? 

And I am surprised you had the fender audio but no rear speakers? The beats system has rear speakers and I assumed it was exactly the same as the fender. Are the front speakers worth upgrading to Focal ones as well?
Hello, my car had basic car radio sound. I bought fender pillar speakers from previus model .

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
High_Up! said:
Great mod to the door switches, but i have a couple of questions as i want to do this mod myself.1. what led did you use for the illumination and where do you solder it?.
2. you said you used a 680 ohm resistor but where does this go?
3. where do you get the 12v feed from, can you take it from the switch itself?.

sorry for so many questions, but i want to do this mod and do it right without mucking anything up.

colin.
The boards have already pkace for leds. I use 1210 and 0603 leds with 680 ohm resistors smd
I got 12v from window power. When you open ignition switches light on. But you can run an extra cable from illuminatiin.

·
Registered
11 Posts
chris93 said:
gsrsilver said:
-EA- said:
gsrsilver said:

Is the knob from the Golf 7, Part nr: 5G0959565A ???
Yes mate, fit perfectly

How do you change the top chrome piece onto the old Polo mirror switch?
You just have to pull the entire knob up. The pin from the oem knub fits if you cut of one of the small tabs on it.Edited by: -EA-

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello! The interior door handles (chorome) came with the car? Or came from other VW model? Mine as the plastic ones and I want to put the metal onde! Thanks!

21 - 40 of 63 Posts