Up Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
kompressor said:
Hello! The interior door handles (chorome) came with the car? Or came from other VW model? Mine as the plastic ones and I want to put the metal onde! Thanks!
Came with chrome handles

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Next mod is comming....
I am thinking to install rear map lights.
I want to see the kids at rear seat durring night driving
So i remove from jumk yart a pair of rear dome lights from golf 4 with alarm sensors ( looking better than simple de ligjts) and wirring.
Also i mod the rear map lights with leds warm white.!!!!!

Next days ill do installation....

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Done it.....
Add also 2 sunvisor lights working with jetta usa sunvisors.
Holes with metal frames for lights and new wirring installed

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi friend, first to all. Excellent job in your UP.
Now, can you tell my how you did the remapped the wires for change the original window control to the golf windows switch?
The original UP switch have 8 pins and the golf swithc have only 4.
Tks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm pretty sure in this mod you need to build a new switch from parts of both the original up! switch and the Golf switches. It is not a straight forward job of just putting another switch in the car.
The up! switch internals are built to take the load of current to window regulators. The Golf switch is merely a signal carrier for the Canbus system as windows are controlled via the comfort control unit in the door.
Make a search and you'll find guidance on how to make these switches.

·
Registered
55 Posts
No it is not dump question
I run cables from radio unit to back doors Through back door connectors and after speaker installation the unit needs reprogramed for rear speakers. Then tou can see the fadder logo at menu. The speakers are focal for vw cars. With factory shape amd factory connector. Plug

I have found this old thread with an interesting side note.

So the radio could be reprogrammed to show a fader menu? How is done?

Maybe it's also possible to enable AM radio reception with reprogramming. I know that the external antenna should be changed with the MW ballast but if it's possible to add features on software, one could try to find the hardware

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Does any other current model of up other than the GTi have the dash illumination....ie the red from door to door across the dash pad?

·
Registered
605 Posts
So does the high up, white again. Only the GTI has the exclusive red ambient lighting.

Reactions: Privatedoc

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Sorry guys , not be connected all the time to forum. You can contact me to my fb messenger.
Nick Vlachos ( funny picture)

41 - 60 of 63 Posts