Up Owners Club banner

Vw eco up illuminated door switches

70K views 69 replies 27 participants last post by  Zombilicious 
#1 ·
Hi to all members. I am nick from Greece and this is my new eco up 2017 model with full of extras. The magic part of my car is the cng.

All vw up have non illuminated switches at door panels. So i secide to install illuminated switches from other models.
I start firstly with window switches . I order from ebay 3 switches from golf 6. Install to switch board a led and 680ohm resistor and switches transofm to illuminated. ( there is another forum member has done this mod with oics)
Secontly i order a vw polo 2011 mirros illuminates switch and it was plug and play ( just run a 12v cable to empty pin of 10 pin connector)
The latest lock/unlock switch was from transporter t6 with part number 7E0962125b . This switch is factory illuminated similar with oem switch. Rear blue connector fits perfectly but the switch frame needs to be cutted some mm each sides. For illumination need to run a 12v cable to pin 2 .

Also i add to interior a w8 interior dome light with ambient lighting modded with white leds. Result is awesome!!!
Exterior pics

See less See more
#2 ·
Craftsmanship; that is awesome work and attention to detail. Very nice indeed!

Hats off to you.

#4 ·
Your English is very good and much better than my Greek... ˜‰

gsrsilver said:
Sorry for my bad english
I am trying to do my best

#61 ·
Yes mate, audi pedals and oem homelink sunshades from us jetta 2013 model
Small mods but good looking
Hi Nick. I've followed your Golf and it's nice to see you have an UP too and modify that one as well.

I'm looking for a Homelink solution, but I don't see any sun visor for 2013 US Jetta, only 2015. That partnumber is 5C6857551AA2F4

Do you have the partnumber for the visor you have?

#7 ·
Amazing.VW should be ashamed of themselves for not making switch illumination standard. The driver's need to be able to identify controls in the dark applies regardless of trim level - let alone leave it to the enterprising owner to DIY !

#8 ·
Vw make this to reduce the cost of the car. So its a car of DIY

The new lock/ unlock switch is not flat like oem vw up switch.
Has a small step at one side and you can fell it better with your hands.

For me has better feeling from previus one
Edited by: gsrsilver

#10 ·
Hi,
I'm sure it's just an age thing, but I much prefer the minimum amount of background lighting when driving at night.

i was loaned a new Polo for a week or so pending delivery of my new Up back in March and although I
liked the car, I wasn't a fan of the engine stop/ start feature and the vast array of red background switch illumination across the cabin. I much prefer the the subdued lighting in the Up and am happy to fumble around a bit for the switch on the extremely rare occasions I might want to open the windows in the pitch black.

Only a personal view though, and I have much admiration for those clever people who can create the level of background illumination to their taste.

Regards
Brian

#20 ·
No it is not dump question
I run cables from radio unit to back doors Through back door connectors and after speaker installation the unit needs reprogramed for rear speakers. Then tou can see the fadder logo at menu. The speakers are focal for vw cars. With factory shape amd factory connector. Plug and play speakers.

#52 ·
No it is not dump question
I run cables from radio unit to back doors Through back door connectors and after speaker installation the unit needs reprogramed for rear speakers. Then tou can see the fadder logo at menu. The speakers are focal for vw cars. With factory shape amd factory connector. Plug

I have found this old thread with an interesting side note.

So the radio could be reprogrammed to show a fader menu? How is done?

Maybe it's also possible to enable AM radio reception with reprogramming. I know that the external antenna should be changed with the MW ballast but if it's possible to add features on software, one could try to find the hardware