Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come across or taken on VW Ensurance? This has been offered free for 3 years (and is obviously renewable, at a price, after that time. It guarantees a genuine VW repair after an accident, courtesy car if it is not your fault and many other benefits. You ring them first and they organise everything. Sounds good to me - but these days, you never know what you are getting into! A link to their booklet is:- http://www.volkswagen-ensurance.co.uk/assets/documents/VolkswagenEnsuranceCoverBooklet.pdfInterested in your opinions.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have as it's free.

·
Registered
309 Posts
It was offered when I bought the car but not for free, can't remember what they quoted but it was in the hundreds.

·
Registered
438 Posts
That's insurance. This is ensurance which is free for 3 years.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Scrubnut said:
That's insurance. This is ensurance which is free for 3 years.
Yeah I'm aware it's ensurance, I have one years free VW Insurance, ensurance certainly wasn't offered free to me, the sales guy mentioned it at the time but didn't give me any further info, it may of been tied into some sort of accidental damage cover type bulls#%t

Reading the link above it does say that courtesy car offered 'where possible/if available' no guarantees.

Edited by: Andy T9

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've signed up now. On the surface it all sounds good - but as I've grown into a cynical old fart over the years, I always become a bit suspicious over anything that is free. Hope I'm proved wrong.

·
Registered
851 Posts
It's only free for a period, then it becomes chargeable. When you signed up, were you asked for bank details?

·
Registered
77 Posts
No bank details, just registration number, car model, name, address, email and mobile number.

·
Registered
438 Posts
AlanG said:
It's only free for a period, then it becomes chargeable. When you signed up, were you asked for bank details?
Nope.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I assume that the idea behind VW Ensurance is to ensure that in the event of an accident your vehicle is repaired by VW using genuine VW parts. Hence the reason it is free.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Beevee said:
I assume that the idea behind VW Ensurance is to ensure that in the event of an accident your vehicle is repaired by VW using genuine VW parts. Hence the reason it is free.
Exactly, it's just a way of VW drumming up more business for their body shops. Most reputable body shops use genuine parts anyway, in fact I would imagine finding pattern parts is more difficult and of lite advantage to the repairer as they are being reimbursed by the insurance company.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, nothing like that. What I am always apprehensive about are the 'accident management' companies who take over from insurance companies and work up huge bills for hire cars and promote whiplash claims, etc. Ensurance booklet seems clear enough on these things but......as I said...I'm always cautious!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just read some more replies. Yep, I'd go along with the theory that VW want the body shop work. Good that Ensurance will make up the difference between a cheaper Insurance co. figure and their own.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts