Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mega VW festival will be held from Friday 17<sup>th</sup>
to Sunday 19<sup>th</sup> August in the grounds of Harewood House, Leeds.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Details of the event can be found here: http://www.vwfestival.co.uk/

It would have been nice if we could have had the up! owners
represented with a stand at this event, but it's a bit late in the day now.
what are your thoughts for next year as there are quite a few of us in the
Yorkshire region?If anybody is going please post details below.

Finally many thanks to ""up'sadaisy""� for bringing this event
to my notice in an earlier post and to Dan for setting up the events section of
the forum

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will definatly be asking joe(wrighty) if we can take OGY out for the day, would be great to see some other up owners there

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hoping to go if the other half can get the Sunday night off work

·
Registered
214 Posts
Cool new section be good to start UP! Rallies and meets.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan said:
I'd be there next year. Maybe we should look at getting a stand / banner etc. sorted out for then?

Hi Dan<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I would be willing to display my car, organise & help
set up, with any events in the North of England for the up! owners club.

·
Registered
212 Posts
idletony said:
I would be willing to display my car, organise & help
set up, with any events in the North of England for the up! owners club.

From the looks of the civic the other day maybe you should enter the show and shine?

I can see the headline now,

'up! Start!'
New VW the up! takes Show & Shine title on first attempt.

Make sure you've an Owners Club sticker on it though so they know it's kosher. It might be worth doing just for the car parking space!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
This is one of the reasons we entered the show and shine at the weekend, day visitors were bussed in from an exterior car park (which wasn't good, but at least there was less chance they would get stuck in the mud) and of course so that everyone could get a good look without gawping as you drive past

PS I had my club sticker on too
Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
119 Posts
we are doing the full weekendbeen told there will be some good ones there
air suspension etc
we will be there with our crappy transit and little giddy up :)
lastyear our t4 engine went bang 3 weeks before the fest had to buy quick and cheap hence ford

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went to the vw show and really enjoyed it, it was a brill atmosphere and I even ended UP! finding a gorgeous new car for myself that I went to view today, I'm only a student so just the Take Up! Version for me in candy white.. I only spotted a few Up!'s there at the show but they were enough to win me over so if a few of us got together for next year for the show it would be magic!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
welcome veedubbug....are you getting a take up then....Fantastic!...great choice and great colour!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you and yes a take up! Such a good looking car and we are finalising the payments on Saturday and it should take 15 weeks, however there's a few about that are in the candy white with a sensor pack that can be here in 3 weeks so we'll have to see what happens Saturday :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live up in Leeds and I would love to be part of the show next year if anyone gets together a little group of us and don't mind helpin with the arrangements and planning etc with me being near the location

1 - 15 of 15 Posts