Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the five year extended factory warranty for up, when I ordered the car. The dealer says that vw do not issue any paperwork for the warranty. Is this correct ? I only have the sales invoice to prove that I have purchased this warranty.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I bought the Skoda UK 2-year extended warranty for my Citigo and I received a letter confirming this, 3 months after I bought the car. I think I actually asked for written proof just in case the extra warranty might become lost in the mists of time, between now and May 3rd 2018.

Edited by: Robbyrook

·
Registered
438 Posts
I only have the original sales invoice, however the details are stored on computer so any VW dealer knows how long the warranty is. Shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I followed the following good advice from Oxonbon, just to be certain. Obviously all VW personnel are 100% perfect and Skoda ones aren't but .......................... there could always be a rogue in there somewhere? I too have the original purchase invoice and a stamp in my service book confirming/proving my extra 2 years of warranty but I'm not even sure if VAG issues service books for certain vehicles any more? I think that the idea of actually checking with the dealer as suggested below is a good one.

"If you go for the extended warranty and don't get a letter
confirming it within four weeks of getting the car, do check with your
dealer that it has appeared on the Skoda (VAG) computer system. It can go
"missing" requiring phone calls, emails and Skoda Customer Services
(personal experience!). Better to sort it out now than after three years
when you may need it and find it doesn't exist?"

Edited by: Robbyrook

·
Registered
176 Posts
On the subject of warranties, I wonder if we'll ever live to witness the introduction of 5/7 year warranties on VAG models, when purchased from new.

Edited by: Miserable Git

1 - 5 of 5 Posts