Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

VW Germany stops production ...

At least this evening, the late shift ends at 9 pm (normally 10 pm).
It is not sure now when the night shift will begin. Between 1 am and 2 am in the morning?

A tribute to football as the German football match vs Brazil starts at 10 pm (German time).

VW Germany wants to give all workers the possibility to watch this match.
I think a matter of quality - as workers who just want to go home a.s.a.p. or have a hidden radio on and listen to the match can't bring the same quality. Satisfied workers (because they can go one hour earlier or start work after match) make a better job ...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I thought the up was made else where then shipped to Germany

·
Registered
957 Posts
UP's, Mii's and Citigo's are all made in the same factory in Bratislava, Slovakia.

I don't think any of these cars are made in Germany.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't write "up! production" ...

Yes, they are made in Bratislava. I was astound that my up! was brought from Bratislava to Wolfsburg and then from Wolfsburg to my dealer ...

Don't know if VW Wolfsburg takes a "final look" at every up! before it is delivered???
Maybe some specific German things (car papers, user's manuals, german first aid kit etc.) are added for the German cars?

Is there only one port where UK up!s arrive and may get equipped with typical British things???

·
Read Only
110 Posts
Typical British things, red telephone box, bowler hat, fish and chips, thatched roof, double, glass of pimms, warm beer, cucumber sandwiches and a pot of tea....ha ha ha ha ha

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
After last nights performance I wonder if all of Germany has shut down today!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe becasue of the rain which started last mornng and still goes on ...
There were no car parades or shouts last night. Last night it was as if the Netherlands had played vs Argentina ...

I have the feeling Germany is amazed and stunned what happened.
Okay; we are glad we won and Manuel Neuer is topic No.1 ...
But there is no "Deutschland, Deutschland über alles ..." like some British (yellow press readers) might think.

You may have heard what the German fans were singing in the stadium last night?
"So ein Tag, so wunderschön wie Heute, so ein Tag, der dürfte nie vergeh'n ..."
("Such a wonderful day like today should never end ...") or
"Schön, so schön, schön, so wunderschön, sowas hat man lange nicht geseh'n, so schön, so schön ..."
("Nice, so wonderful, we haven't experienced this for a long time, so nice, so wunderful ...")

That's everything but "war shoutings" or "we are the champions" but a song "we" sing on birthdays, when we feel relaxed and good ...

I think most Germans cross their fingers for Brazil now that they get third - so that the cup doesn't end with "such a feeling" for them and that the football players can "raise their heads again ...

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
75 Posts
I went to the bathroom, i missed a german goal. Sit down, missed another. Breath in, yet another. Blinked, missed another.

Haha. After the 3rd goal it was just cruel, like shooting a dead body! I couldn't believe it, so amazing and historic.

I'm I Little bit scared if we go to the final I should say... :p

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Hambert,

40 years I lived 8 km (5 miles) away from the Dutch broder ...
When I was young, many people in this rural area spoke "Platt" (local language), which sounded more Dutch than German. This has changed during the last decades as more and more people from the Ruhrgebiet settled to the Lowe Rhine Area ...

The Germans here in the West and the Dutch share a kind of "love-hate".

I think they will never forgive us that we won the cup in 1974 ...

Beware Argentina!
Part of the Dutch national anthem is: "I am of German blood ..."

(meant is the same language and cultural root of Germans and Dutch - and Anglo Saxons
)

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don't think the whole world could believe what it was witnessing, not least the Brazilians.

I, as one whose grandmother was German, was ecstatic as the goals rolled in during that six minute period.

Although I fancied Germany to make it through to the final, the score line was well beyond my wildest expectations.

However, I very much doubt we'll see a repeat of the score line against Argentina, at the Maracana, on Sunday.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Now, I'm gonna be the downer here.
In which way did this affect the Up/Citigo/Mii?
This is the main message center involving those three, and I don't see any relevance.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Blackpuppy said:
Now, I'm gonna be the downer here.
In which way did this affect the Up/Citigo/Mii?
This is the main message center involving those three, and I don't see any relevance.

Because.... Germany stopped production! And as vw are German it affects us in everyway, but not to worry as everything is back up and running! Till Sunday

·
Registered
957 Posts
jimv50 said:
Typical British things, red telephone box, bowler hat, fish and chips, thatched roof, double, glass of pimms, warm beer, cucumber sandwiches and a pot of tea....ha ha ha ha ha
The UP is big inside Jim but not that big

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blackpuppy said:
... In which way did this affect the Up/Citigo/Mii? ...
Derkie and I gave the answer in post #4 / #5 ...
No up! production in Germany but MAYBE "end control" - which should not have been influenced by the 3-4 hours production stop ...?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts