Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had a wonderful letter from vw offering amazing part ex for there up gti on a new or used car?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Interesting, what do you call amazing.?
Now if VW contacted me, saying we will give you a minimum of £13,000 cash for your 2425 mile, ten month old,, totally mint Gti, then I might be pursuaded to let mine go, as I am happy owner of another Up.

Knowing VW, any sweet deal, would always be in their favour, but who knows, demand for the new model, may be so great, that dealerships are keen to get their hands on as many low mileage clean examples as possible.

I will wait with great anticipation for my email from Sytner

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called them yesterday to see what the letter was about and they said I was one of 300 selected to be given this deal from there records, and I could get an amazing part ex price on any new or used car, they would not tell me what that was over the phone and wanted me to book an appointment which I'm not interested in, be good to know if anyone has had the same and taken it to the appointment

·
Registered
95 Posts
I called them yesterday to see what the letter was about and they said I was one of 300 selected to be given this deal from there records, and I could get an amazing part ex price on any new or used car, they would not tell me what that was over the phone and wanted me to book an appointment which I'm not interested in, be good to know if anyone has had the same and taken it to the appointment
Usual dealer BS. Just before or after I take a car in for a service at a dealership someone has a habit of ringing me from sales and by some amazing coincidence they have a customer who wants my exact car and they will give me a great Px price etc. This scam is complete BS along with most publicity leaflets and emails offering the same. Once you turn up at the dealership the Px will be the same old and they will want to nail you down to buy a new car. Fresh meat for the grinder! Recycle that letter.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Just as i thought, no main dealer is prepared to give a customer an amazing OH CRUMBS I SIMPLY CANNOT WALK AWAY FROM THIS deal.
Their there to shift cars, and make as much profit as they can, along the way.
Its just a cunning ploy to get previous customers to revisit their showroom.
Occasionally, one or two people get starry eyed, fall in love with a car they see, and then their hooked,

That's what their hoping for, and occasionally it does work in their favour.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Usual dealer BS. Just before or after I take a car in for a service at a dealership someone has a habit of ringing me from sales and by some amazing coincidence they have a customer who wants my exact car and they will give me a great Px price etc. This scam is complete BS along with most publicity leaflets and emails offering the same. Once you turn up at the dealership the Px will the same old and they will want to nail you down to buy a new car. Fresh meat for the grinder! Recycle that letter.
Is that the same as "limited supply" and "this month only" deals? Lol.

Sales speak.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Have to agree (after 30 yrs in New car sales) it is all about generating traffic, the hook is always to make the punter feel special............however, if you do want to change you can sometimes turn the tables on them, sometimes !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts