Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking Up! my High Up! tomorrow, so I phoned VW Insurance to activate my free seven days' cover.

When that was done, the dude on the phone wanted to give me a full quote for annual insurance. Nearly told him to get lost, but in the end I reluctantly let him get on with it .

What a brilliant surprise, I got an excellent quote, nearly half of anything else I've seen - beats all those meerkats, nodding dogs, annoying Italian opera singers, annoying Aussie Sheilas and the rest.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Nice one, will let them quote me too.

·
Registered
525 Posts
They quoted me but were £70 more expensive than the AA. Depends where you live, I think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, think it's definitely worthwhile shopping around.

Just lucky in my case I hadn't already arranged cover with someone else!

·
Registered
956 Posts
I think yapmaul must be right about depending where you live. I did get a quote from VW insurance before I picked my car up and it was over £100 more than my current provider who, luckily, turned out to be the cheapest on the comparison sites too.

Glad you got such a good deal from them for yours though, excellent result

Oh, and welcome to the forum (or madhouse as some have referred to it)

Can we have some details on your chosen spec, colour, added extras etc? We're very nosey around here and love to know exactly what everyone's ordered. And don't forget to post some pics tomorrow too if you get the chance, as we love drooling over other people's up!s almost as much as our own

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
They were far more expensive for me. The lady tried to convince me that they were better asking 'does your insurer insist that original VW parts only are used?'

But it's always worth shopping around.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
For my mrs, the VW Insurance was the cheapest on the Touran!! Admiral, who were cheapest for me on the EOS were the most expensive for her!

There seems to be no rhyme or reason!

·
Registered
73 Posts
In the UK is doesn't seem like there is anyconsistencyamong insurance companies at all. Well, only one: they are all over-priced like crazy!!

When we collected my better-half's Up! we got a quote from VW insurance... Bearing in mind she has zero no-claims discount, (yes it works the same way in Poland too!!), the original quote of the equivalent of £200 for fully comprehensive cover for the whole of Europe was extremely reasonable. Throw in the fact they gave a discount and it went down to the equivalent of £85 for the YEAR and we were well chuffed!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
£85 FOR THE YEAR! We are being right royally, god bless the Queen take all my pie and mash, RIPPED OFF IN THE UK.

My insurance is nearer the £300 a year mark fully comp, protected nc!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
When I added my partner to one quote, with her three huge no-fault claims in the last five years, the premium actually went down! The woman on the phone said that these anomalies had ceased to surprise her. One thing's for sure, never accept the first quote you're given.

While I'm at it here's another story. I was renewing my house insurance and said it was a shame about the £150 excess for accidental damage. So he quoted me for a £100 excess and it was just £2 more. Then for £50. Another £2. Then he said 'You don't have to have one at all if you don't want to.' so for an extra £6 on the premium I have no excess, and if I break my camera it'll actually be worth claiming. At that point I remembered I needed to insure my son's £2500 camcorder. He had to ring me back about that one, but when he did it was in tones of astonishment. The premium had gone down by £10!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Markmod1 said:
£85 FOR THE YEAR! We are being right royally, god bless the Queen take all my pie and mash, RIPPED OFF IN THE UK.

My insurance is nearer the £300 a year mark fully comp, protected nc!!

Perhaps the Poles are better drivers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts