Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie vw owner here, after weeks of consideration I finally went for the move up in red. I was won over after a test drive and how nippy the wee 999cc engines are nowadays. One thing I'd like to ask is, is it normal for the fuel gauge to not move the first 100 miles then drop like a bomb, this is my first full week and been trying to keep up with the display computer when changing gear, just under a 1/4 of a tank left and hit 400 miles, cheers stevie.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Hi and welcome Stevie.

Yes a few of us have noticed this and its nothing to worry about

Gary

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Hello from Glasgow too....I work in Newton Mearns!....yes fuel guage is decidedly non linear....however 400 plus miles is good .....enjoy your wee car, mine now approaching 54K miles in just over 2 years.......bloody brilliant wee car...Oh, and if you see a white UP with a 2m Ham antenna on the rear passenger side window, Its me....give a wave!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
My up does almost exactly 100 miles before the fuel gauge moves and then another100 miles fot each 1/4 tank marker. I get therefore get about 500 miles per tank if I don't drive above 65mph. Great car!

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
It was even worse before the 2013 ecu update....used to show full for a good 250 miles then the needle plummeted!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey mate! I work in Glasgow but from Ayrshire. I'll keep a look out for you too. But yeah it's completely normal.

Currently on 33k miles myself and it's always stayed static for around 100 miles before moving!

I get around 450ish miles when I hit the red light with the Bluemotion engine + motorway miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts