Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my letter from VW and asked to book in for recall work on something to do with air bag software. Went along to Colborne's and was treated like a valued customer! Nice air conditioned showroom (on a very hot day) with comfortable arm chairs, coffee or tea laid on and sandwiches if required. I dunno; but I love this car, I'm very happy with the dealer and can only hope all this good stuff continues!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice to hear you got treated to some nice sandwiches! Haha

I got the same letter.. Haven't phoned to book my car in yet.. But just wondered what happened.. Did they fix something or just have a look? How long did it take?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I also love the Up!. Had my recall letter and was treated like Royalty. Can't complain at all.

Go well.

·
Registered
448 Posts
CarlitoUp said:
Nice to hear you got treated to some nice sandwiches! Haha

I got the same letter.. Haven't phoned to book my car in yet.. But just wondered what happened.. Did they fix something or just have a look? How long did it take?
Just a software update. Takes about 1 hour or less.

Go well.

·
Registered
448 Posts
xadina said:
What is the recall letter, what dates is the recall from etc
About 3 weeks . do not worry though....just go back to your dealer. Simple fix on software.My understanding is that the side air bags will work just fine but may not show a fault on your dashboard if you have one!

Go well.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I thought every Up! had a dashboard

·
Registered
448 Posts
I expected no less from you Beevee .

Go well.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Re read....and re read. I am such a silly old Git.My grammar is really getting quite bad...but it is getting late!

Go well.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
You know me Colin. I love a little joke and sometimes I like to light the blue touch paper and retire. Often with amusing results.

·
Registered
448 Posts
What else can I say Beevee other than what a great Forum.I do so enjoy it...and our banter!

Go well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The recall work takes an hour in theory! Go to the posh, recently relocated, dealer in Watford and you can expect unfriendly staff and a wait of over two hours for the work to be done! Sorry, needed to grumble about that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
13REGUPOWNER said:
The recall work takes an hour in theory! Go to the posh, recently relocated, dealer in Watford and you can expect unfriendly staff and a wait of over two hours for the work to be done! Sorry, needed to grumble about that.

There you go...difference in dealer attitudes. It's a shame, 13REGUPOWNER, because the actual software work takes about 20 minutes, I was told and the rest of the hour was in case something slowed them down - and to give the Up! a wash and vacuum. Don't be sorry for grumbling. Eventually it might sharpen up their attitude.
Incidentally, I had a phone call from the dealer this morning to ask if I was happy with the way things went!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts