Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondered if anyone had purchased the VW roof bars for the Up? I may need to carry longer items occasionally and wondered how robust the roof bars are. The aftermarket Thule products seem significantly cheaper than the VWversion - are the VW bars a better fit perhaps, to warrant the higher price?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have the VW roof bars for my up! but haven't had time to try them out on the car. Also bought the bicycle mount for the bars. If the weather stays as rainy as today then I'm sure I'll have time to hang out in the garage to do a test mount.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ref Roof Bars - I shall be collecting my High Up ! candy white on Monday 11th I have ordered roof bars £175from the agent I will let you know how I get on reading about them VW say they have been 'crash tested' meaning I think they stay on the vehicle even when joltedetc...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thule all the way, we have had them on the Fox, Polo and our Mitsubishi and our Fronterra.
You can get the bars and change the footpack and fitting kits to match the car, so they are very cost effective

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
+1 ZumbaQueen.....got thule aerobars and they have been on various cars with simple change of footpack....usually manage to sell the old footpack on ebay when I sell a car......the thule auto bike carriers are fantastic.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yeah that's just what we do, need to get a new foot pack for the up works out about 35 quid

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info Folks, much appreciated. I will have a closer look at the Thule roof bars - they seem like the better option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts