Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My VW UP! Black (2012) came with a three year service package. This year @ 20000 miles I took the UP! to the main agent for the service. Four days later I bought a full set of Genuine VW mudflaps on E-Bay deciding it would be cheaper for me to fit them. Having removed the wheel nut bolts from the rear wheel I was unable to remove the alloy wheel from the hub! I contacted the VW agent and asked why it wound't budge assuming the wheels had been removed during the "Service" in order for them to examine the brakes etc. I was told that it is not in the service schedule to remove the wheels during the service as they only carry out a visual inspection! Surely this cannot be true??? So my wheels have not been removed since they were put on over two years ago! Is anyone else aware of this ??? I did go back and get the problem sorted but the Service Manager insisted they were in the right!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

I always have my VW Polo serviced at a VW Garage and from what I've been told by the service manager when I pick my car up after a service and MOT the wheels are not removed from the car but just a visual inspection of the brakes is performed so I assume that this is standard practice.

Keith.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Visual inspection of brakes...30 seconds later £12.50+ vat bill

Dealer servicing......priceless

We got the service package jst Because you have to stamp the book on new vehicles. Its takes them longer to valet the car before returning than the actual service.

£149 of visual checks lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
I work for a volvo dealership and we also do not remove wheels. There is no need as visual inspection can be done without. If wheels had to be removed it would increase labour and cost to the customer. I have to say though vw servicing is expensive I was quoted £190 for 20k service and thats only a minor service.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have to agree about VW servicing costs...my Skoda Citigo had a first service (Skoda dealer) done for less than half the price that a VW dealer quoted for an Up! That's the same service on, what is realistically, the same car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i ended up having it done at our dealership (staff discount but they still make money)

Shell Helix Oil
VW Oil Filter, Pollen Filter & Sump plug & inspection service all for just under £60 ! shows how much VW make!! I cant say a Volvo stamp will effect aftersales value much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts