Up Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

Recently acquired a lovely low mileage Take UP. Really happy with it. Even at 6’5” I easily fit.

However, my wife struggles with the low seating position. As the Take UP has no functionality to adjust the seat height I was hoping someone knows if it’s possible to retrospectively add this by swapping the seat frame from another UP?

Many thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I would think so, but obviously you'll need the complete seat from a model with a "passenger seat height adjust" car. Passenger seat height adjust was an optional extra on Up's (or certainly on the Tsi & GTi models) and cost £75 extra. As yours is a Take Up, then it will be a very slim chance that you'll get one with the same fabric, but you may be able to transfer your seat furnishings onto the frame with the height adjust. Again, that's a "maybe".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank for for the reply. Really hoping that someone can confirm before I take the plunge and purchase a seat.

ideally I’d like to take just the frame so I can keep my existing drivers seat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can swap the frame but it is a right faff compared to just the 4 bolts for the entire seat. It all depends on how much time you have and if you can avoid the situation where you need the car to get something but it is in pieces.
Bitter experience on this one, got caught out swapping the brake discs and discovered that it needs an odd size allen key (7mm if I remember). We had to put it all back together again to go and find the right tool!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi as the UP does not have removable head rests I am struggling to find any form of adapters that would fit the front seats so a tablet could be watched in the back. Has anyone been successful with doing this and if so could you point me in the right direction. It is for a 10.1" fire tablet.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
When I nip to the shops for a few items, I hook the handles of my bag over the headrest on the passenger seat - it means stuff is not clattering around..... I reckon you could loop some fabric handles around, and maybe support a small plate to the back, and then use sticky-backed velcro to mount the tablet on it...

Maybe a bit like this: (see lower pic)

Whatever the solution, it's not great to have anything on the rear of the front headrest, especially in smaller cars, because even with seatbelts on, a rear passenger can smash their face into the screen in the event of a collision...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts