Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may be common knowledge but I just read the Up is to be dropped. I'm dissapointed my dealer didn't mention this. What will that do for resale value?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
When and where will it be dropped???
Where is the info from?

The new up! 2015 is out now and I don't think VW will drop it ...
There were more than 42000 sold up!s in Germany last year and I think about 60-80k up!s in Europe.

Dropping the up! only makes sense when the Mii and CitiGo are dropped, too.
All all models and you will get more than 100k models a year.

I also don't believe that the Polo will be VWs smallest car.
And the e-up is VWs "door to new technologies" ...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
IT IS true the up! is going to be dropped from a few markets, I haven't heard anything about European ones but I'm pretty sure they are discontinuing it in Australia

why would they kill a cash-cow in ireland though? I personally doubt it.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The "Pacific Market" with Australia and Japan is surely something different.
Cars and spare parts have to be brought there.

And selling the up! in Japan is like carrying coals to Newcastle (or "carrying owls to Athens" as we say). There are many renowned Japanese car builders who build small city cars ...

There might be less variations possible in some European countries?
But I don't think VW drops the up! after only 3 to 4 years ...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The downside of browsing the internet on a mobile phone. Yes indeed, it seems the UP is being removed from the Australian market but no mention of it for Europe so my apologies. The Irish VW site had also dropped the Up! from it's configurator recently which only fueled my confusion. It's back up today though.

Apologies all round.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
aob9 said:
... The Irish VW site had also dropped the Up! from it's configurator recently which only fueled my confusion. It's back up today though. ... Apologies all round.
No need to apologize!

Model year 2015 (since CW22) brought some changes ...

Had a look at the Irish website ...
As you have to have the sports pack triangle on a high up! in Ireland, you also get the black roof lining now as standard for your high up!s. If you want white roof lining, you have to buy a move / take up! (or an import a high up! from the UK / the continent) ...

I think your up! sites were down, because the new specs and images had to be added.

For all sports pack lovers from the UK:
You don't need the German config system anymore. Configure an Irish high up! and you will see the back roof lining. The German config system only shows additional variations ...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 2014 Take-Up model ( my one) appears to be slightly different here too. It has electric windows and City crash protection ( or whatever it's called) as standard. I also notice (too late now) that it doesn't appear to have a cabin air re-circulation control.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have just been to New Zealand and did not see one UP! and I did go from the top and down to Napier!!!
Edited by: Roakley

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Roakley said:
I have just been to New Zealand and did not see one UP! and I did go from the top and down to Napier!!!
Maybe some Germans bring their up! to NZ some day?

I was surprised, that there are at least two "German" Kawa Estrella motorbikes in NZ. The German version is a bit different than the Japanese Estrellas, so I'm 100% sure both are German ...

I think the NZ market is dominated by Japanese cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts