Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not very accurate...went from in transit to at the dealers overnight....obviously skipped UK customs...lol, must have entered the UK hidden in a container of fruit! one for 'Border Patrol' tv series!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
If only the whole system was actually that quick!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure VW did it to try and deflect some questions from the dealers.....They have even printed wee cards that your dealer fills in with the order number and gives you

My dealer thinks the subtext should be here is your order number , now don't hassle us til it's here!.....Dealer still has access to much more upto date tracking info with the code system.

I suppose, putting it into context, we here on the forum are much more order savvy than the general public and therefore much more of a thorn in VW's side...take for example the 2 remote key fiasco, I'm sure they would be giving away far less 2nd keys if we didn't publicise the error in the first printing of the brochure.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I didn't even get given the card with the tracking number on it. I have the number now and my Week 29 is showing as In Transit.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine did too, until about 3am thismorning.....yup...too excited to sleep! sad or what?

I'd imagine yours will be here imminantly ....ask your dealer, its probably sitting on a transporter!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Our dealer kept ringing us to let us know exactly where the car whilst in transit apparently it is sat in the compouind now for 2 weeks waiting to be delivered to the garage
roll on the 1st September

·
Registered
104 Posts
Me and my big mouth! Just heard from the dealer our car has arrived at the garage today Friday
so it will be sat just down the road for 4 weeks until we pick it up on the 1st. Oooh soooo close but ooh so far...... wish I had a time machine hehe

·
Registered
303 Posts
if VAG wanted to, they could give you a live report giving you assembly info from their database showing test status for each engine part as it becomes live in real time. but really, who wants to spend 1 day watching a RSS feed saying "Engine Check: Passed" and then another week layer saying "Engine gearbox assembly fitted"?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts