Up Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My name is Krystian, I'm new in the forum.

I've got VW UP 1.0., y. 2015.

I've got quite weird technical issue which is really annoying once there is freeze outside :)

I've got no:

- blower at all (all gears), therefore no heating as well
- 12V stock
- rear wiper

It all broke down in the same time - maybe something else is broken but those 3 I know.

All fuses are OK.

What I diagnosed is that there is no power (voltage) controlling the relay (B644 - most on the left side looking from the driver perspective - the wheel is on the left side as the car is for Polish market). All relays are OK.

Currently we have found some temporary solution. There is a "bridge" mounted and the power into the relay's coil is directly from battery but obviously I cannot drive in such way for a long time :)

I do not have any electric diagrams - have not found any online.
Without electric diagram it is extremely difficult to find out where is the issue as it may be everything, any cable broken etc.

One more thing - it might be just coincidence but it all happend just after I replaced the front bulb H4 (driver side). Currently it works (lights), I've also disconnected it for a while but it didn't help.

Does anyone recall such problem? I will appreciate any kind of suggestions, support.

Thank you!
Krystian

Edited by: stasiakkrystian

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,have you tried to swap the relay with the one next to the right to it (it should be the same)? All the accesories you mentioned are connected to that relay. If it helps, or more things stop to work, you have a bad relay.

Try removing all fuses of circuits you have problems with, and then putting one at a time and check if something works (one of the circuit may be pulling down the supply voltage). Although it is less likely.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rav3177 said:
It will be the ignition switch, 2015 model year had a issue with it. Modified ignition switch and all your issues will be gone.

That is also possible. I've heard of cases in Citigos where that ignition switch partially failed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I have experienced the same scenario with our Up over the weekend with the DC Socket rear wiper and heater not working .

Local garage wants to diagnose it as thinks it could be something else as they think it could be a relay or wiring fault and want to charge for the privalige.

I am mechanically minded and feel that given what this thread advises would go with the switch. I would attempt to fix it myself but am a little concerned about removal of drvers airbags to get to the column cover screws.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello - my first post.

My son's Seat Mii 2015 plate has today developed an issue where the blower fan and cigarette lighter do not power on every time the ignition is turned on - just about 1 in 4 times. the fuses seem OK. Does this sound like the ignition switch problem you refer to above?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Halo I have vw up with the same problem mentioned ABOVE.
NO
  • blower at all (all gears), therefore no heating as well
  • 12V stock
  • rear wiper

Please help with solution

1 - 10 of 10 Posts