Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am from Sweden an my 2013 UP is now been running flawless for 185 000 km but.
All of a sudden the EPC ligth goes on and the engine stalls, had to tow it home and checked with OBD instrument for error codes.
What comes up is PO302 and cylinder 3 misfire.
Replaced all sparks and also the coils are new, also added a new battery because the old would not charge correctly.
It starts up and runs as it should, takes it for a spinn and it works just fine.
At home I would like to check the battery so it charges as it should , then the engine starts to cough again?
EPC goes on again and this time the OBD reader says same error code but this time cylinder 2 is misfiring?
Get all sparks of again and check the coils, cant find anything and puts it together again.
It starts up ok and goes for a spin again.
The next morning the EPC goes on again and it wont start...

Could it be Crank sensor or Camshaft sensor?

I have been on this forum before but my old account is not reachable anymore (new email cant login in on old account..)

Magnus IMG_20200212_175720.jpg

·
Registered
277 Posts
Here is a detailed explanation of what can trigger the code, and some suggestions on how to troubleshoot:

As that's a generic code (and, as best as I can tell from your picture, a generic code reader), if you have access to a VW-specific reader (such as VCDS) you will probably get additional VW-specific fault codes which could help identify the issue faster.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a detailed explanation of what can trigger the code, and some suggestions on how to troubleshoot:

As that's a generic code (and, as best as I can tell from your picture, a generic code reader), if you have access to a VW-specific reader (such as VCDS) you will probably get additional VW-specific fault codes which could help identify the issue faster.

Great! thanks for your reply, I will borrow a VW specific OBD reader and see if there is any more information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply Tom,
I started the UP yesterday after replacing the camshaft sensor and it ran perfect for a short ride (4 km). I Parked it and and went in for a cup of coffe and then went out again to make another test. The car started on only 2 cylinders... I turned the ignition of and started it again before the EPC light came up but still only 2 cylinders are running.
I will replace the crankshaft sensor also since I got the advice from a friend ( just almost impossible to reach it in the engine departement).
I have not considerd the injectors since the OBD tool show misfire on 2 different cylinders on 2 different occasions.

·
Registered
277 Posts
perhaps check the injectors as there is no fuel filter on the up
Hi tom,
According to the Workshop Manual and ETKA, there is a fuel filter, but it is integrated into a 'fuel delivery module' rather than a separate component, as on larger cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts