Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi got a normal (non sporty) 2017 September plate (booh more tax :() , as a second car and finding this forum really useful. Gone for a nice grey/silver one with the nice white alloys. Was searching ages and oddly got a what I felt was a good price and package from VW dealer. Having been round other garages and dealerships some of the other main dealers were shocking to say the least.

I had got my choices down to an Aygo (boot to small), Skoda (could not get spec I wanted) and UP (would of loved a sporty one but above my budget). I paid £6500 with 20K on the clock, but with a good package too RAC, new service etc etc. The dealer was

I know I cant post external links yet as a new member but so far got some new really good quality mats, and some really good quality metal sills. For these have used uk companies rather than ebay imports.

I was originally concerned with the fuel gauge dropping so quickly past half way, bit this seems normal as posted here. On a empty tank to a full tank I tend to get 333 miles which snaps a few other members !

I was a bit confused around the phone holder but that answer I found here

I have one weird niggle which will post separately if cant find an answer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
empty tank to a full tank I tend to get 333 miles which snaps a few other members.
The fuel tank and filler neck are a very strange shape in my opinion. If I fill the tank till the nozzle clicks I get about 35 litres in and a range of 350-400 miles. Once I tried to brim the tank and it took an extra 5 minutes to put 45 litres in the tank which gave me over 500 miles. Took about 200 miles before the needle shifted off full. The tank must be shaped like a funnel as the fuel needle drops like a stone once it's is below half.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The fuel tank and filler neck are a very strange shape in my opinion. If I fill the tank till the nozzle clicks I get about 35 litres in and a range of 350-400 miles. Once I tried to brim the tank and it took an extra 5 minutes to put 45 litres in the tank which gave me over 500 miles. Took about 200 miles before the needle shifted off full. The tank must be shaped like a funnel as the fuel needle drops like a stone once it's is below half.
Don't ever fill a tank past when it clicks, it's there to allow expansion, safety feature. The tank in an Up is only listed as being 35 litres anyway.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Don't ever fill a tank past when it clicks, it's there to allow expansion, safety feature. The tank in an Up is only listed as being 35 litres anyway.
Thanks for that one. I was already aware. It was a very cold morning and it was immediately before driving 50 miles. As a general rule of thumb you should leave a minimum 5% of the space to allow for expansion. Still you can get an extra 10 litres in!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Thanks for that one. I was already aware. It was a very cold morning and it was immediately before driving 50 miles. As a general rule of thumb you should leave a minimum 5% of the space to allow for expansion. Still you can get an extra 10 litres in!
Glad you're aware, you'd be surprised how many people aren't then wonder why their car has leaked petrol everywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts