Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that my aircon emits a sort of bubbling noise which goes away when I switch it off. Is it a normal thing for this car or something that should be addressed with the dealer?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Mine makes a noise sometimes but it goes after a few seconds.
Leaving it for a while, it might go away or it might get worse then it's off to the dealer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It bubbles all the time while the AC is on. I've not heard this in any of the cars I had before but am assuming it might be similar to the gearbox situation (i.e. poor soundproofing).

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I think I am becoming paranoid listening out for all the noises people seem to hear. So far I have not heard any in the last year. Perhaps it's because I have the radio on in the background or am too busy concentrating on my driving. Ž¶Ž¶š˜š˜Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sorry to necro an old thread but I had my air con on for the first time this afternoon and, after an hour or so, it started to make a noise. Definitely the air con because it stops if I switch it off (and leave the fan on). Now it does it after a few seconds when I switch it on.

Not sure I'd call it a bubbling noise - more high-pitched as if the fan bearing was squeaking a bit. It did it more when I came to a halt and was idling, but that might just be that it's easier to hear when the engine's quiet.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I must admit cars do make noises and they are not always faulty because of this and the cheaper the car the more chance of rattles etc.
I think you have to decide if it is a noise or a fault and then try to get the dealer to agree with you if you think it needs fixing.Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't think it's a fault - probably just a new part 'running in'. It might clear up as it gets some use or, if it gets worse, I'll mention it to the dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts