Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I am very satisfied with my High Up ASG. I knew the limitations of an automated manual and that it should not be compared to a traditional automatic gearbox. It is after all a city car and still best in class.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I wonder sometimes when I see a review of the Up!/Mii/CityGo in a magazine, where the same reviewers also drive a Maserati, BMW 7-series or Nissan GT-R, whether it may impact their frame of reference. For me personally, I am not going to compare our little car to cars that are not at the same price point, and I am not exposed to 400+ bhp engines and 0-60 speeds of 4 seconds or less. Having never experienced cars like that, I am sure I will be very very happy and satisfied with what the Up!/Mii/CityGo delivers. :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
I would like to see more longer term new car reviews on vehicles that have actually been used and driven for a few thousand miles. Most reports are on brand new cars and tell you nothing about reliability, fuel economy, ( they typically quote manufacturers figures) dealer satisfaction, or servicing costs.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beevee said:
I am very satisfied with my High Up ASG. I knew the limitations of an automated manual and that it should not be compared to a traditional automatic gearbox. It is after all a city car and still best in class.

I'm not really surprised by the review in Auto Express - they (the magazine) always seem to give negative reviews of automated manual gearboxes by and large. However, I can't believe the 'box is as bad as they say. I would be very keen to try one out the next time I'm in the market for a car.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I find the road tests in Auto Express to very superficial and often biased and inaccurate - how about the comment that the rear seat in the up! was a little tight for three passengers! DOH! - It's only got two seat belts!!!!!!!!

Autocar magazine tends to go into more depth, don't use manufacturer's data and do more long term tests - and their staff seem to have a more balanced view of cars from £10k to £100k.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts